Ruby on Rails - Team Lead
Published on October 05, 2023
Founded in 2016, ItsaCheckmate is the industry leader in providing true end-to-end integration between restaurant point of sale (POS) systems and over 100 third-party delivery and ordering platforms. Our technology automatically accepts orders from these platforms, injects them directly into the restaurant’s existing POS, and sends them to the kitchen printers - without any manual involvement at all. We help restaurant operators grow their revenue without increasing costs. We are a leader in the restaurant-tech space and ItsaCheckmate serves 8,000+ restaurant locations globally and enjoys relationships with more than 150 technology partners.
- Utilize your extensive Ruby on Rails knowledge to design, develop, test, and deploy web applications.
- Oversee code reviews and ensure compliance with best practices and coding standards.
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues and provide innovative solutions.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies in Ruby on Rails and React.js.
- Leverage your React.js experience to guide the integration of React.js components and libraries within Ruby on Rails applications.
- Collaborate with front-end developers to ensure seamless interactions between the front-end and back-end.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of Ruby on Rails developers.
- Set clear goals and expectations for team members.
- Foster a collaborative and productive work environment.
- Work closely with product managers, UX/UI designers, and other stakeholders to gather and refine project requirements.
- Translate technical concepts effectively for non-technical team members.
- Coordinate efforts with other teams to facilitate system integration and API utilization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- A minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience in Ruby on Rails development.
- Proficiency in React.js with demonstrated experience in building web applications using this technology.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Proficiency in version control systems (e.g., Git) and project management tools.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically.
- Comfortable working with US shift hours at least till 6 pm ET time zone.
- Comfortable working with own device.
- Competitive salary
- Awesome work environment at a fast-growing company with a huge vision
- Working in a company that started off with a remote-first culture.