Senior Ruby On Rails Developer
Published on October 12, 2023
We are a software development studio focusing on seamless communication and process transparency.We are a group of people that think digital and take daily showers of light on sunny Portugal.We started in Coimbra but we have clients all around the world. At RedLight we help companies create successful software products in a collaborative relationship.Our process relies heavily on a constant stream of communication between our team and our clients, keeping clear expectations at all times.
- Bootstrap new Rails apps, being the leader in a team setting while keeping a productive role as Senior Developer yourself;
- Design applicable solutions for incoming challenges related with the execution of the project.
- Track progress of existing tasks to the rest of the team;
- Implement features, bug fixes, and tests in existing Rails projects;
- Monitor and analyze production logs and monitoring metrics, and implement improvements to the infrastructure or application based on hard data;
- Integrate with other systems (external APIs);
- Extensive Ruby on Rails experience;
- Knowledge of testing frameworks — minitest or rspec (or both!);
- PostgreSQL experience;
- Familiarity with code lifecycle management: Gitflow, branches, pull requests, code reviews, etc;
- Familiarity with kanban-like project management tools: Trello, JIRA, etc;
- 5+ years of professional experience;
- Ability to leverage Git in complex scenarios;
- Sysadmin / Devops experience (ranging from linux server knowledge, to running Docker and Kubernetes clusters);
- Experience in other programming languages or technologies.
- Though we have room in our HQ to accommodate you, this role is fully remote. The employee is able to work from our offices, do a hybrid mix of office and remote or just go full remote - it's really up to you where you work from.
- For this role specifically, candidates need to be based in countries where timezones range from GMT-5 to GMT+2.
- Above average compensation;
- Health insurance;
- Free fresh amenities at the office;
- Extended parental leave and daycare support;
- Free Spotify Premium or YouTube Music;
- Yearly team tour;
- And much more.