SDE - 2 Backend- RoR
Published on October 25, 2023
Opportunity As a Software Development Engineer II in Hiver’s Strategic Initiative department, you will have a critical role to play in building solutions that hold high strategic value for the business. You will get a chance to work with and mentor a group of smart engineers as well as learn and grow yourself working with very good mentors. Expect lots of challenges and high levels of ownership and autonomy. You’ll get the opportunity to work on complex technical challenges, building frameworks to monitor and improve the performance of our systems, and improving reliability and performance.
- Building, maintaining and scaling APIs and microservices. You will own all aspects of SDLC including documentation, data modeling, and deployment.
- Participate in solution brainstorming, release planning and code reviews.
- This is the early phase of the project and you will do foundational work on multiple aspects and help define and improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Collaborating closely with co-developers, designers and other stakeholders to build dynamic and compelling user experiences while embracing emerging standards.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience building and maintaining production-grade services that are being used by a good number of active customers.
- 1+ year of professional experience with Ruby-on-Rails.
- Command on web fundamentals and high level knowhow frontend ecosystem and modern development practices
- Sound knowledge of design patterns and best practices for writing clean, linted, maintainable and reusable code
- Deep understanding of relational databases (eg, MySql) and data modeling concepts
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- An architect's mindset - we want a fast time to market but without undermining long-term prospects. You will have to continuously assess the various trade-offs when considering long-term vs. short-term benefits/drawbacks and make informed choices about the optimal approach.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills - you should be able to troubleshoot and solve issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to iterate and deliver at a fast pace - speed is of the essence.
- Solid understanding of cloud concepts and latest infra stack (AWS).
- Track record of assessing complex initiatives and coming up fairly accurate expected time of arrival (ETA) and working with a team to meet these timelines with high confidence
- Good communication skills - you should have good communication skills, both written and verbal. You should be proficient in English and be able to communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders.
- Frontend (full-stack) experience (VueJS) is a major plus