Full Stack Engineer
Published on October 22, 2023
We’re a little odd, we know. We’re a new type of agency transforming government digital services. Our team is full of experienced engineers, product and project managers, and other commercial tech professionals who love bringing scalable solutions to life as much as they love working with clients to solve problems. It’s this rare combination that makes us so good at what we do.
Oddball believes that the best products are built when companies understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are hiring a Full Stack Engineer to work on a pivotal Federal program that is making a positive impact on millions of Americans' daily lives.
What you'll be doing:
Working hand in hand with other engineers in building out interfaces that match designs. These interfaces consume and create data from the backend. Your input will help drive the direction and format of data endpoints and your day to day efforts will include communicating architecture choices to other team members.
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years experience working with React
- A solid understand of API design and how backend systems work (bonus if has used Rails)
- The ability to write code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand easily
- The ability to speak and write in terms that non-developers can understand clearly
- Expertise in designing, developing, coding, testing, and debugging user interfaces and web application components
- The ability to review and evaluate systems and software for adherence to government directives, standards, and guidelines
- Flutter experience is desired
- Must be a US Citizen and able to work domestically
- Must be able to attain low-level security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fully remote
- Tech & Education Stipend
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Match 401(k) plan
- Flexible PTO, Paid Holidays
Oddball is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact an Oddball HR representative to request such an accommodation by emailing [email protected]
At Oddball, it’s important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with state legal requirements. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
United States Wage Range: $100,000 – $135,000