Everly Health's mission is to transform lives with modern, diagnostics-driven care, and we believe that the future of healthcare is meeting people where they are. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Everly Health is the parent company to Everlywell, Everly Health Solutions, Natalist, and Everly Diagnostics. We've set a new standard of people-focused, diagnostic-driven care that puts patients at the center of their own health journey.
Our infrastructure guides the full testing experience with the support of a national clinician network that's composed of hundreds of physicians, nurses, genetic counselors, PharmDs, and member care specialists. Our solutions make world-class virtual care more attainable with rigorous clinical protocols and best-in-class science to tackle some of the healthcare industry's biggest problems.
We are hiring a Backend Engineer to join our Platform Team, tasked with building and maintaining common supporting infrastructure and demonstrating scalable patterns for delivering robust, maintainable applications. You will build high-quality, maintainable software that will grow with the company as we enter an exciting high-growth stage.
You will work on a cross-functional, Agile team in the Engineering department. You will take a holistic view of our systems and applications, assessing past technical decisions and determining patterns for the future. You will help empower our feature teams by building and improving common APIs, services, and infrastructure to be used across the organization, while promoting a culture of engineering excellence.
We are in high-growth mode and need someone who is willing to get their hands dirty. If you are passionate about building scalable, maintainable, great quality software, while also looking for an opportunity to learn, build, optimize, and grow as an individual, then Everly Health is the place for you.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, test, and deploy improvements across our technology stack
- Collaborate closely with fellow engineers to identify opportunities for high impact refactors and new services
- Drive value at every step of the way for the company
- Continually think of and implement new ways to automate manual processes across our team and company
- Work with engineers across the team to determine best practices and share domain knowledge
- Adapt quickly to changing requirements and apply problem-solving skills to a wide-ranging variety of challenges
Who You Are:
- 3+ years Software Engineering experience
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Rails or equivalent
- Passion for building software quickly and driving value
- Proficient in writing automated tests while building features
- Experience with DevOps pipelines: GitLab, AWS CodeBuild, Docker, etc.
- Understanding of best practices around the support and delivery of internal and external APIs
You'll Love Working Here:
· Venture backed by top-tier firms
· The opportunity ahead knows no bounds
· Open vacation policy for salaried team members
· Front Loaded PTO for hourly team members
· Employee discounts
· Paid parental leave
· Health benefits
NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS - INDIVIDUAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Everly Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
HIPAA Disclaimer: This role will be in an environment that has access to protected health information (PHI) and all security standards to protect PHI must be followed.