Senior Software Engineer
Published on October 20, 2023
BiggerPockets offers content, tools, and a community of over 2,000,000 members to help people avoid mistakes; learn valuable tips; find partners, deals, and financing and make the best investing decisions possible. BiggerPockets works hard to bring together real estate experts, newbies and everyone in between to gain the knowledge needed to reach their full potential.
- Scoping and building: Bring new features and products to life.
- Technical excellence: Keep our codebase healthy by paying down technical debt.
- Full-stack mastery: Work across the entire stack, from frontend to backend.
- Polish and optimize: Enhance existing features. Make performance improvements.
- Collaboration: Engage in pair programming and contribute via pull requests.
- Architecting solutions: Collaborate on high-level architecture for impactful solutions.
- Championing simplicity: Propose, champion, and drive clarity and simplicity in projects.
- Mentoring and culture: Contribute to peers' growth and help shape a healthy and impactful team culture.
- Experience: A minimum of 6 years in professional software development.
- Frontend proficiency: Skilled with front-end tools, particularly StimulusJS and TailwindCSS, or similar.
- Testing mastery: Proven ability to write unit and acceptance-level tests for Rails applications.
- Database expertise: Deep familiarity with relational databases, especially Postgres, and a knack for database design.
- In-memory stores: Experience with in-memory data stores like Redis.
- Product mindset: A strong product development orientation and a grasp of product design principles.
- Product Development: A mindset in sync with product development principles, where you see beyond code and understand the holistic product vision.
- Continuous Learning and Growth: An enthusiasm for expanding your horizons, especially in the realm of operational excellence and the dynamic world of real estate investing.
- Salary range: $115,000 - $155,000. Depending on experience.
- 10% bonus potential based on company and personal performance.
- We celebrate, support, and encourage being different for the benefit of our team members and community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, genetic information, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, veteran status or other non-merit factor.
- We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. All employment offers are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 12 company-paid holidays per year
- 401k package
- Tuition reimbursement & career development
- Generous paid parental leave
- Community service & volunteer opportunities
- Opportunities to learn more about real estate investing