Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack - MarTech & Analytics
Published on October 20, 2023
Each day brings more chores and less time to accomplish them. Whether someone needs a handyman, house cleaner, moving help, or delivery person, TaskRabbit delights clients by matching the right skilled person in minutes. With our support, our clients can accomplish it all, not only today, but also on-demand to be their most productive self. On the other side of the marketplace we help our Taskers earn a living by setting their own prices, defining their working hours, and giving them control to help people, when and how they want in the most supportive marketplace. We’re a mission-driven company. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it. With the backing of IKEA, we are growing our entire marketplace, including furniture assembly, globally and entering additional markets as we scale. It’s an exciting time at TaskRabbit!
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the US and EU
- 5-time Best Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltIn. Including Best Companies in SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, and Best Benefits
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Role:
What You’ll Work On:
- Architect and implement systems to track application events, metrics, and data to allow real-time analysis of user behavior to drive business decisions.
- Integrate existing web and mobile applications with our event tracking and data systems.
- Help define and standardize data collection technical best practices to ensure integrity, reliability, and maintainability.
- Take part in discovery sessions with cross-functional teams to explore and understand enterprise data requirements of analytics projects.
- Contribute to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements and updates.
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback, and commenting on other approaches.
- Collaborate with and mentor other engineers, helping guide their technical growth.
- Evangelize and conduct training on metric, event, and data systems and best practices throughout the organization.
- Be a part of the the teams on-call rotation.
Your Areas of Expertise:
- Have a robust understanding of software design principles and how to write clean code. You know how to organize code across the stack and have strong opinions on what belongs in the frontend vs the backend and how to structure the code for readability, reliability, and maintainability.
- Enjoy sharing your experience and technical knowledge to help other engineers grow through pairing, thorough code reviews, and collaboration in a remote work environment.
- Can communicate technical concerns and decisions clearly and proactively, simplified as necessary for cross-functional audiences
- You value knowing “why” and are comfortable partnering with external stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate these to technical requirements.
- Have experience being accountable for features or applications end-to-end – through planning, deployment, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Event-driven architecture experience
- History in working with Customer Data Platforms (CDP), preferably Segment, and integrating CDPs with other tools (e.g. Optimizely).
- A background web analytics, instrumentation such as Google Analytics and Kafka.
- Knowledge of SQL (e.g. Postgres, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
- Great attention to detail and focus on code quality.
Compensation & Benefits
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a Remote-First Company. We value flexibility and choice but also stay committed to regular in-person connection.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspired by action.
- The Diverse Culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average.
- The Perks. Taskrabbit offers employer-paid health insurance, 401k match with immediate vesting, generous and flexible time off with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health support, and more.