Senior Software Engineer, Dev Experience
Published on October 23, 2023
Each day brings more chores and less time to accomplish them. Whether someone needs a handyman, house cleaner, moving help, or delivery person, TaskRabbit delights clients by matching the right skilled person in minutes. With our support, our clients can accomplish it all, not only today, but also on-demand to be their most productive self. On the other side of the marketplace we help our Taskers earn a living by setting their own prices, defining their working hours, and giving them control to help people, when and how they want in the most supportive marketplace. We’re a mission-driven company. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it. With the backing of IKEA, we are growing our entire marketplace, including furniture assembly, globally and entering additional markets as we scale. It’s an exciting time at TaskRabbit!
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the US and EU
- 5-time Best Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltIn. Including Best Companies in SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, and Best Benefits
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Role:
As a Fullstack Engineer, you will join a team that designs, builds, evolves, and maintains the foundational ecosystem that reduces development time at TaskRabbit. Your decisions will have a significant impact on the productivity of engineers. There’s a lot of work to do to make our platform even more reliable and powerful than it is today.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people
What You'll Work On:
- Designing & driving new changes that increase the productivity of engineers.
- Work alongside more junior software engineers to help them think through designs, code implementation, and how to break down their goals into actionable steps
- Innovate & contribute to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements and updates
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback and commenting on other approaches
- Invest in the documentation of best practices and coding patterns
- Help solve complex debugging, testability, and deployability problems
- Collaborate across teams to promote consistency
- Improve stability and consistency of existing and new backend & frontend code
Your Areas of Expertise:
- Overall, 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience in building API-driven applications or endpoints.
- Experience in MySQL, Redis, and/or ElasticSearch.
- Experience in building developer platforms, defining the strategy, and providing technical direction to the group to get those executed.
- Strong design and architecture skills
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Passion for improving the developer experience and mentorship.
- Like to think about how to break problems down into smaller iterative steps.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy helping organize and scope high-priority projects and plans to keep us moving forward.
- Have great attention to detail and quality.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines (e.g. GitHub Actions, CircleCI)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
- Love collaborating together with a tight-knit team.
Compensation & Benefits
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a Remote-First Company. We value flexibility and choice but also stay committed to regular in-person connection.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspired by action.
- The Diverse Culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average.
- The Perks. Taskrabbit offers employer-paid health insurance, 401k match with immediate vesting, generous and flexible time off with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health support, and more.