At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We're looking for an Engineering Manager for our SDKs Fullstack team, which is responsible for building and scaling several of Braze's core products and growth areas - Feature Flags, SDK Authentication, and Braze Actions. We own message definition, composition, journey-building, and analytics for our products, including a feature-rich dashboard that allows our customers to compose messages and a highly parallelized platform for sending and processing messaging-related events at scale.
You will help us expand the flexibility and power of our product portfolio by helping architect, build and optimize message performance, features, and product enhancements. You’ll participate in architecture planning, pull request reviews, and recruiting. Additionally, you’ll optimize processes for the team’s success, facilitate discourse, support engineers’ growth, and work with the team’s product manager to keep team efforts on target for product goals. You’ll ensure that your engineers are successful in their tasks and enjoy their work!
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a strong track record of success, with 1+ years managing high performing teams
- Have strong opinions about how code should be written, as well as good development practices
- Excellent communication skills and a user-centric attitude
- Calm, patient, considerate, compassionate, supportive, and encouraging
- Strong organizational skills and ability to keep track of multiple streams of work at once
- Experience with agile processes and tools such as JIRA
- Experience with HTML/js, Web development, React, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, distributed systems, MongoDB, Redis, Datadog, EC2, Kubernetes could all be beneficial
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly offices and remote availability across many global locations
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.