Security Engineer (UK)
Published on October 28, 2023
At Rootly, we are a mission to be the go-to way companies respond when things go wrong, helping every organization be more reliable. We do this by building an industry leading incident management platform that allows companies around the world consistently and quickly resolve incidents. We are not simply transforming an industry, we are carving an entirely new +$B segment ourselves and need incredible talent to achieve this ambitious goal together. Customers love Rootly. Some of the fastest growing companies around the world such as NVIDIA, Figma, Canva, Tripadvisor, Squarespace and more rely on Rootly to power their critical incident management process. They obsess over our delightful enterprise-ready platform and unique partnership model. See why our customers have reviewed us 5 stars on G2. Investors love Rootly. We are backed by some of the most respected funds in the world from Y Combinator to operators like the CTO of Dropbox and GitHub. We'd be happy to disclose our entire funding and profitability picture live during the interview. As a culture we relentlessly put transparency first. We conduct monthly financial reviews as a team so everyone has a pulse on the health of the business and publish what we are building in our weekly changelog.
- Craft security solutions that not only meet high standards but also delight our developers and customers alike.
- Be an integral part of key security initiatives such as identity and access management, vulnerability management, incident response, security control implementation, and infrastructure security.
- Foster close collaboration with engineering teams, ensuring the delivery of secure, highly reliable, and scalable solutions to our valued customers.
- With our rapidly growing customer base, you will contribute to solving intriguing technical challenges, helping scale our product to meet increasing demand.
- Participate in our team's on-call rotation, promptly addressing and resolving security issues as they arise.
- 5 + years as a Security Engineer in an enterprise environment, with a focus on infrastructure and implementing security controls while closely collaborating with the SRE team.
- Strong expertise in Kubernetes and Security Incident Response.
- Your technical proficiency includes AWS Security, Vulnerability Management, Security Incident Response & Risk Management.
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails for tool development.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- 3 weeks vacation + unlimited sick/mental health days + company-wide shutdown EOY
- M2 MacBook Pro of choice
- $1,000 for health and wellness
- $1,000 for home office
- $1,000 for visiting a teammate located in a different geography
- WeWork membership
- Weekly happy hour on Friday
- Learning and advancement budget at your discretion
- Annual retreat - at least once a year we gather together in person 🏝️
- Ground floor opportunity to be an early member of a fast growing venture-backed startup