Back-End Software Engineer
Published on October 29, 2023
Knowde is the leading marketplace for ingredients, polymers, and chemistry. For the first time ever, R&D teams and buyers can search, learn, engage, sample, quote and purchase from every major producer on earth – all in one place. Knowde provides chemical producers the technology required to move online quickly and meet the new needs of customers who want a better online buying experience. Marketplaces have modernized major industries, and Knowde is bringing this same transformation to the chemical industry. Knowde is the only venture-capital backed chemical marketplace, trusted by industry-leading chemical producers across the globe. Knowde offers access to over 8,000 suppliers and 185,000 chemical products. We believe in the power of chemistry. We believe in the power of chemists. We strive to optimize your journey to market so that you can continue to innovate and make a rich global impact. We are a team of contrarians, groundbreakers, and pioneers. Join us in disrupting the largest industry on Earth. The Chemical Industry touches every aspect of your daily life. Yet, it is one of the few remaining industries that is offline. Raw material suppliers and their customers are the hidden innovators behind the end-products we rely on every day. Chemistry is used to make every physical good on earth, including the products we love from Tesla, Glossier, Apple, Nike, 3M and J&J. However, the largest and most impactful industry in the world is still doing business the same way it did 100 years ago. Until now. The industry is the building blocks of the entire world. 15,000+ suppliers provide every single ingredient, polymer and chemistry that make up every physical product in existence. Yet, the expansive world of chemistry had gone largely unorganized and remained inaccessible to many. The industry craved a single destination to efficiently conduct research, compare and purchase raw materials without the hassle of scouring thousands of websites, calling and emailing sales reps and attending costly in-person trade shows. Welcome to Knowde.
- As a small, remote team you’ll be empowered to work directly with leadership and the product team to make decisions about your code and the future of the product.
- Be a trailblazer by contributing to the build of a complex ecommerce marketplace, the first of its kind in the Chemicals space.
- Have a strong emphasis on shipping features quickly without sacrificing code quality.
- Own your projects from software design to implementation and deployment.
- Take pride in your work by implementing cutting-edge technologies and writing state-of-the-art code.
- Emphasize simplicity and pragmatism, which is reflected in your elegant code that other developers emulate.
- Experience with Ruby language and Rails framework
- Ability to take initiatives from requirements to deployment
- 2+ years’ experience building highly scalable applications, contributing across the stack
- Ability to work and collaborate within distributed multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- High bar for quality and a phenomenal attention to detail
- Experience with DevOps, cloud infrastructure services (AWS/GCP), and containerization (Docker)
- Experience managing release activities
- A passion for CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to design and build scalable, high-availability mission-critical systems and APIs
- Ruby on Rails
- PostgreSQL / Elasticsearch / Redis / S3
- React / Angular / TypeScript / ES6
- We offer “Knerds” a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Fully remote position
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family