Senior Software Developer, Money Movement Experience
Published on October 29, 2023
Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by providing products and advice that are accessible and affordable. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. With over 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we are the market leader in Canada, and we’re fast-growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we're looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to make financial services simple and affordable for everyone!
- Leading projects - Planning, scoping, executing, and pairing with your product partner and manager to communicate progress to stakeholders.
- Thinking about the future - Help us design our newest features, shape our client experiences, and build a sustainable and performant architecture for our SDKs.
- Building with quality - Think about the big picture! Help us improve our client experience, error rates, application performance, and developer velocity through a relentless focus on iterative improvement and shipping with quality.
- Helping to set best practices - Take a technical leadership role on the Money Movement Experience team and help us figure out how to build better, more reliable software!
- Mentoring others - Help support and grow other developers both within your team and through our official mentorship program, and get support on your own career journey!
- Building with empathy - As developers, it’s important for us to keep the client experience front of mind! We love to "dogfood" our products, and we work very closely with design to create the best possible experience in our apps.
- Proven Industry experience in software development, preferably with a focus on front-end.
- Experience with front-end software technologies across web and mobile such as:
- React and React Native
- Experience with Ruby or a similar language is a bonus but not required. Most of our backends are written in Ruby!
- A relentless focus on quality, testing, system design, building high-velocity development processes and setting best practices.
- Flexible and creative, you love to come up with novel ways to solve problems and work through constraints.
- Proven ability to balance shipping new features with paying down technical debt.
- Excellent technical communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A passion for collaboration, pairing on code, and mentoring others!