Senior DevOps Engineer
Published on November 02, 2023
A great place to work has a team-first mindset that fosters trust, open communication, and a willingness to adapt. It moves quickly with purpose, operates at peak performance, and encourages creativity. Employees feel valued, supported, and motivated to succeed in a positive and inclusive work environment. We believe in people here at PrizePicks.
At PrizePicks, we are the fastest growing sports company in North America, as recognized by Inc. 5000. As the leading platform for Daily Fantasy Sports, we cover a diverse range of sports leagues, including the NFL, NBA, and Esports titles like League of Legends and CS:GO. Our team of over 350 employees thrives in an inclusive culture that values individuals from diverse backgrounds, regardless of their level of sports fandom. Ready to reimagine the DFS industry together?
Our DevOps Engineers work in Engineering on the Infrastructure team to automate and integrate every component of our architecture to achieve scale, reliability, and performance. You will collaborate with other DevOps Engineers to architect, design, deploy, migrate, and support our infrastructure while providing guidance for best practices around things like logging, monitoring, alerting, and just general observability. We are looking for team mates who have a deep understanding of databases, pub/sub, event driven architecture, and networking/routing concepts.What you'll do:
- Help design and implement the next generation of PrizePicks’s infrastructure
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce cloud technology standards
- Automate and integrate everything from deployment pipeline to production
- Work closely with security to implement security controls to ensure enforcement of policies and procedures and advise on best practices
- Build tooling that empowers and enables Engineering workflows
- Design and deliver enhancements to the CI/CD pipeline
- Deeply analyze platform performance and find areas to improve speed and scale
- Serve as a technical leader of infrastructure disciplines and help teach/coach others
- 7-10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Expert knowledge and experience in delivering cloud technologies at scale
- Extensive experience in configuration management, CI/CD tooling, infrastructure management, container methodologies, and Kubernetes
- Strong database experience, with a preference for Postgres.
- Experience in implementing best of breed logging/monitoring/alerting strategies
- Strong networking experience
- Deep understanding of event driven architecture best practices with experience in things like Pulsar or Redis
- Unwavering commitment to automating all-the-things
- Experience working in a startup environment at a fast pace
- Extensive datacenter experience a big plus
- Proven track record of building large, geographically distributed scalable infrastructure in a programmatic way
- Passion for technology
- Ability to work in a collaborative function but also a self starter
- Extensive Linux experience
- Python or Ruby expertise
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience in working with fundamental cloud technologies (not just AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Deep working knowledge of CI/CD tooling and configuration management tools
- Anywhere in the US
In addition to your great compensation package, company subsidized medical/dental/vision coverage plans and matching 401(k), we’ll shower you with perks including:
- Unlimited PTO to encourage a healthy work/life balance (2 week min required!)
- Modern work schedule focused on getting the job done, not hours clocked
- Workplace flexibility
- Company and team outings, we encourage a tight-knit workplace
- Generous Maternity AND Paternity leave (16 weeks!)
- Annual bonus & stock options
- Wellness program
- Company equipment provided (Windows & Mac options)
- Annual performance reviews with opportunity for growth and career development
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
PrizePicks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.