Senior Software Engineer
Published on November 04, 2023
LifeRaft is security intelligence company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, that provides technology to address the evolving threat landscape. LifeRaft is always seeking exceptional talent to join the team, contributing their energy, expertise, and innovation to our business objectives.LifeRaft values inclusion and diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, or any other protected characteristic.We are proud of the welcoming and inclusive work environment we have created and we are committed to the continuous effort.
LifeRaft is looking for a Senior Software Engineering to help us continue to grow and enrich the platform our customers use to keep their people and assets safe.
Based out of Nova Scotia, Canada, LifeRaft was incorporated in 2014 with a clear objective to advance corporate security. We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit and determination to help solve new challenges developed by the complexities of open source data.
Our SaaS-based threat intelligence platform, called Navigator, is designed to identify, track, and validate issues from open source channels (surface, deep web, and darknet) related to executive safety, fraud prevention, and asset & infrastructure protection.
This individual will play a critical role in building on the already sophisticated open source threat intelligence platform we have. You will partner closely with the engineering leadership and core product engineering teams to build new features and capabilities across domains ranging from data acquisition to data visualization to threat intelligence and management.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- 5 years of experience with React for front-end development
- Experience with Material UI / MUI or other similar technologies
- At least 5 years of experience working with Python, Ruby, Go, PHP or similar programming languages for back-end/API development
- 5 years of experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL or other RDBMSs with a solid understanding of SQL and database schema design
- You are a creative problem solver who works well with others and has a passion for lifelong learning.
- You love data!
- You are truly passionate about agile development, iterative improvement, and delivering value early and often
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with PHP and Laravel is a plus.
What Will Help You Get the Job Done
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Great sense of humour never hurts!
- Board games you don’t mind occasionally sharing with the team
- Willingness to pitch in and wear different hats (figuratively, not literally)
We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit and determination to help solve new challenges developed by the complexities of open source data. LifeRaft provides a threat intelligence and investigations platform, Navigator, to corporate security teams around the world, including some of the biggest brands you've probably referenced today! Navigator is designed to identify, track, and validate issues from open source channels (surface, deep web, and darknet) related to executive safety, fraud prevention, and asset & infrastructure protection. Our technology is helping keep these companies, their people, and their operations safe – making a real impact in the world we all live in.
The diversity of our team is integral to our success. We are a team of passionate and supportive individuals and pride ourselves in fostering a collaborative, innovative, and fun culture. We offer our team:
- Attractive & competitive compensation plan & benefits
- Investment in personal and professional growth
- Remote work/office space (with dogs!) with flexible hours
- Flexible time off – Take a minimum of 15 days/year with no cap beyond!
- Health Benefits & $1000 Yearly Lifestyle Subsidy
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Hilarious authentic co-workers & fun social activities