Staff Search Engineer (Canada Remote)
Published on November 04, 2023
Fullscript helps people get better. It's at the core of everything we do. As the leading platform for prescribing integrative health products, our work positively impacts millions of lives every day. Our purpose extends well beyond our platform. As a health company, we are committed to the well-being of our team members. We are building an organization where people thrive, grow, and have a high impact through their work. 🌱 By joining us, you stand with our purpose. You are an independent thinker, who likes to leave things better than you found them. You do things not because they are easy but because they are right. Ready to make an impact?
- Lead complex search projects/experiments on our e-commerce platform
- Identify, design, implement, test, and support new features related to search performance
- Solve performance related issues
- Participate in code reviews with peers and make recommendations on how to improve code
- Contribute to technical improvements, develop and maintain quality standards
- Collaborate with other teams including platform engineering, core engineering, data engineering & devops.
- Mentor team members through coaching & training
- You are a passionate software developer that cares about your craft. You are excited to learn, and want to produce the best work possible.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in software engineering, with a focus on search technologies
- Experience measuring search performance using various metrics and methods, including Click models and Name Entity Recognition (with SpaCy or other), and leveraging Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of ElasticSearch ranking techniques, index optimizations, and search query optimization, with the ability to implement search result personalization and recommendation systems.
- Proficiency in modern programming languages and techniques
- Understanding of design patterns, clean code, and what makes a well designed API.
- Prior work with vector search, learning-to-rank tools, judgement lists, and capturing search metrics
- Experience scaling or working on high-scale web applications
- Generous PTO and competitive pay
- Fullscript’s RRSP match program for financial health
- Flexible benefits package and workplace wellness program
- Training budget and company-wide learning initiatives
- Discount on Fullscript catalog of products
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*