Senior Ruby on Rails backend developer – Workleap LMS
Published on November 14, 2023
Workleap was born after spending the better part of two decades asking ourselves a simple question: how can we craft software to make work simpler, kinder, and faster? Over the years, we tackled this question by focusing our energy on building great solutions to help businesses improve a crucial part of their organizations: their employee experience. Born in Montreal, now spread across Canada, our team believes that creating environments where people are set up for success is not only good for employees — it’s good for business. That’s us in a nutshell, and we are just starting.
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and efficient Ruby on Rails applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including frontend developers, product managers, and designers, to create exceptional user experiences.
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code.
- Optimize application performance, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Implement best practices in software development.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Mentor and guide junior developers, sharing your knowledge and expertise.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Writing good quality code : 70%.
- Code review & technical feedback : 20%.
- Team meetings & rituals : 10%.
- Rewrite generic and supporting services to use company common services.
- Update permissions granularity with new roles.
- Extend application capabilities to support SCORM.
- Ruby on Rails;
- PostgreSQL (or any other SQL database);
- Rspec (or any other testing library).
Phone Screen - Virtual Interview using Microsoft Teams - Work Sample - Job Offer