Lead RoR Developer
Published on November 08, 2023
Nomiso is a product engineering company focused on excellence in software engineering. We help businesses of different sizes ranging from startups to large organizations with our services and end-to-end solutions. We bring bold thinking and a desire to be the best partner with our work in consulting, analytics, digital solutions and engineering across all verticals and domains. We celebrate and value diversity in all its forms; it’s something we truly value as a multicultural community of problem solvers.
- Designing and developing new or changing existing web applications/APIs.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting web applications and APIs.
- Writing and maintaining reliable Ruby / Rails code.
- Integrating with data storage solutions such as database, file storage or object storage.
- Creating services using microservices architecture.
- Dockerize the application / service
- Identifying and fixing bottlenecks and bugs.
- Integrating user-facing elements designed by the front-end team.
- Connecting applications with other internal or third party systems.
- 6+ years of experience with Ruby, and the Rails framework; or 6+ years of development utilizing Python with more recent experience in Ruby on Rails
- Team or project lead experience
- Experience with SQL backends, as well as proficiency in database design and development with MySQL or Aurora
- Proficiency in cloud platforms and tools such as AWS/GCP, Kubernetes, and Terraform
- Experience with REST and/or gRPC API frameworks
- Experience with scripting languages like Shell and Bash
- Experience using Git / GitHub
- Experience managing complex dependencies with build tools such as Bazel, Maven or Gradle
- Experience with Linux or macOS environments