Full Stack Rails Developer
Published on November 07, 2023
Smarsh is seeking a Senior Full-stack Rails Software Engineer to join our fast-growing Software Development Team that is committed to perfecting the client experience. We're looking for motivated senior software engineer to lead the iterative development and delivery of high-quality product features and applications. You will be a core member of our engineering team and help build innovative solutions and streamlined user experiences for our cloud-based product. You will be expected to challenge assumptions and provide insightful feedback to continuously promote ongoing technical development through code reviews, knowledge sharing, and mentorship. Someone who embraces new opportunities, is motivated by professional advancement, demonstrates curiosity, enjoys problem solving, delivers excellence, and thrives in a changing, fast-growth environment is the ideal candidate. The candidate will work cross-functionally with the larger Smarsh team on several high-impact and high-visibility proj
- Collaborate with product, design, and business teams to identify and execute optimal solutions with a focus on business impact, product polish, and code quality.
- Build JSON based REST Web services, backend processing jobs and integrations with external data providers.
- Produce high quality, secure, performant, testable Ruby code.
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and efficiency.
- Contribute to our development standards, architecture, technical strategy, and overall process within the team and across engineering.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years developing web-based applications, software development and design.
- 4+ years of experience working as a Ruby on Rails developer.
- Proficient in programming concepts around API services and Interfaces (JSON, OpenAPI, RESTful).
- Experience with at least one relational database, preferably Postgres.
- Some experience with a modern front-end framework such as React (preferred), Angular or Vue.
- Experience with Webpack, Babel and building cross browser supported web applications.
- Understanding and knowledge of Git and branching workflows.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
- Extensive experience with unit and integration tests such as rspec or minitest.
- Experience with RESTful web services API design and development.
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to work productively as part of a team and self-manage assigned tasks and projects.
- Champion of usability and clean design, maintaining the high bar that our clients continue to give us positive feedback on.
- Ability to write responsive, mobile friendly HTML/CSS layouts using React for great UX in accordance with requirements.
- REDIS caching solutions.
- Devops familiarity, containerization, infrastructure as code, AWS.
- Technology risk, infosec or cybersecurity background