Senior Backend Engineer
Published on November 06, 2023
Join our mission to make farming sustainable. We believe that if you want change, it has to be good for business. Agreena provides solutions to farmers that drive both environmental and financial sustainability. Within one year, we have helped farmers across 10 countries to convert more than 100K hectares of land to regenerative farming practices. Agreena is a well funded (recently raised €20M in Series A round) , Danish growth company. We are led by passionate people and backed by amazing investors. Our team is a diverse mix of purpose-driven people working from Denmark (HQ), the UK, and Poland. We are 20+ nationalities (and counting!). We're now on the hunt for passionate people to join us in our mission to make farming financially and environmentally sustainable.
- Playing a key role in the design, implementation and integration of product features;
- Solving technical problems of high scope and complexity;
- Helping to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment;
- Helping to migrate our old code (based on Ruby on Rails) to the new NodeJs codebase.
- Several years of full-time working experience with Node.js & Typescript;
- Experience in writing well designed, testable and efficient code;Experience in writing APIs (REST) and API documentation (swagger);
- Experience with Node.js frameworks (we use Nest.js so that is preferred, but other frameworks also accepted);
- Experience with integrating with 3rd party services (Stripe, DocuSign, etc.);
- Experience with Data modelling, SQL and Database (relational and non-relational) knowledge;
- Experience with TDD and Jest;Good communication skills;Taking ownership of your code;
- Desire to constantly learn and improve yourself by embracing technical challenges.
- Working experience on performance optimization - application monitoring, profiling, caching strategies and improvements implementation;
- Experience with changing from monolith to microservices;
- Experience with deployment and other dev-ops configurations with technologies like Heroku, Docker and/or AWS services such as S3, EC2, etc.
- A unique opportunity to join and help shape a fast-growing tech scale up with the determination and ambitious mission to reverse climate change
- A truly global environment where you can collaborate and socialise with diverse and passionate colleagues
- Competitive compensation package and holidays
- Remote Work Policy
- Team events throughout the year
- An exciting purpose-led culture and mission
- Open communication and supportive feedback culture