Senior Software Engineer - $150,000
Remote - US
Ticket Evolution lives at the center of live event ticking, pioneering the technology that distributes tickets to the major consumer marketplaces fans go to find their favorite shows, like Ticketmaster and Stubhub.
In 2021, Ticket Evolution merged with two other industry giants (DTI Management and 1Ticket) to create the first end-to-end solution for professional sellers and rights holders to get their tickets to market. With this merger we've seen tremendous growth and an expanding need for passionate and talented folks to assist us with building out new products and refining existing ones.
We want you to enjoy where you work. Who you work with. What you work on.
TEvo facilitates the ability for a fan to see their favorite artist or team live, creating life-long experiences. Join a passionate and skilled team of experienced individuals who are driven by a mission of creating the best experiences for our clients. As a senior member of our Product & Engineering team, you’ll use every tool in your toolbox to shape the future of our products.
About the Opportunity:
You will be instrumental in the transformation of our next generation event inventory management platform which is the silent backbone of the secondary ticketing industry.
You know (as much as you might fight it) the constraints of technology are just as important as their promise, because it’s in the constraints we find our best ideas. Someone who sees the patterns in the chaos and knows how to translate those patterns into technology solutions for your end users. You are a thinker, a maker, and a passionate advocate for the Minimum Delightful Product approach to the mantra of “move fast and ship it.”
If this describes you, please do read on. We would love to hear from you.
General IT / Software Engineering Experience / Skills:
- Design and build simple, elegant, and scalable solutions that solve complex problems.
- Develops (or at least supports the creation of, with business analyst help) well-written Engineering artifacts (e.g. Systems & Application designs, API documentation, Solution Maintenance documentation, etc.) as needed.
- Strong understanding of agile (SCRUM) software development processes, and their role within it.
- Skilled at estimating effort for software projects and thinking through solutions end to end.
- Strong software engineering & architecture fundamentals. SOA and Microservices are a big plus.
- Architects code, not just builds features while leaving code in a better place when making modifications.
- Know when to build an MVP and when to build it right.
Specific Engineering Experience / Skills:
- Experience building and maintaining high-volume externally facing APIs.
- Experienced with Ruby, Rails and API development standards. You’re just as much a Ruby developer as you are a Rails developer. You have built and maintained production level Ruby/Rails systems.
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and data models and schemas.
- Knows how to fully test code, comments well, and writes the simplest code possible.
- Effectively communicates with stakeholders and non-developers to understand the business reasons behind the change being made.
- Contributes to and promotes continual SDLC and related process / artifact improvements.
- (Preferred) Experience building applications that leverage AWS (Amazon Web Services) managed services such as Lambda, S3, SQS, DynamoDB, etc.
- (Preferred) Experience with Python platforms
- You must love to code and collaborate with teammates, including other coders, architects, requirements owners, and testers.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent collaborative and team-oriented skills.
- Effectively communicate through writing skills in technical / engineering documentation.
- Engages professionally and effectively with external and internal customers and stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate well in a matrixed and collaborative company environment.
- Self-reliant worker who takes pride in figuring things out on their own, but appropriately asks for help and pairs with teammates when needed.
- Have strong opinions loosely held.
- You must be eligible to work in the United States
- Minimum of a University degree in computer technologies (e.g. Comp Sci, Info Systems, etc.).
Competitive salary range based on applicant and experience, starting at $150k annually. Subsidized medical, full dental, full vision, 401k, and more. Details of benefits will be provided. This is a remote position, utilizing slack/zoom and other collaborative tools to fulfill your job requirements. While Ticket Evolution has offices around the U.S., there is no expectation to work out of them for this position.
If you are an applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation for disability to participate in the application process at TicketEvolution, submit the form for Reasonable Accommodation for Participation in Job Application Process. Please be sure to submit your request at least 5 business days in advance of the date you need the requested accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Information for Job Applicants: Federal EEO laws protect all applicants from discrimination on the following bases: race, color, sex (not limited to conduct which is sexual in nature, includes pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, transgender status), age (40 and over), religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, retaliation for participating in the EEO process or opposing discrimination.