Software Development Manager
Published on November 09, 2023
Terakeet is an enterprise search engine optimization company that leverages 20+ years of expertise and our best-in-class proprietary technology to earn significant organic search engine visibility and brand reputation protection for Fortune 500 companies and other global brands.
Terakeet is the preferred owned asset optimization (OAO) partner for Fortune 500 brands seeking meaningful customer connections and online business growth. We help brands optimize and unify their owned assets to meet consumers as they search for solutions. Terakeet is a virtual first organization.
- Provide technical leadership to a team of 9 backend and frontend engineers.
- Implement best practices and champion standards for software development, e.g. CI/CD pipelines and code reviews.
- Maintain a high performing culture with an emphasis on continuous improvement, learning, innovation and operational excellence.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including Product Management, Data Science, Data Engineering and Technical Project Management to deliver impactful products and continuously evaluate the way to deliver short and long term solutions.
- Oversee the end-to-end Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), to ensure delivery of high quality code and features that meet the business needs.
- Identify and mitigate risks and bottlenecks that may impact the timeliness of delivery.
- Conduct regular performance reviews, provide constructive feedback and develop growth plans for team members.
- Stay up to date on industry trends, emerging technologies and apply this knowledge to improve processes and drive innovation.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years experience in a managerial role developing engineers in programming stacks such as Ruby on Rails, Python/Django, or PHP/Laravel.
- 3+ years of hands on software development experience, preferably with web applications.
- Experience with Jira.
- Experience successfully presenting technical proposals to non-technical audiences, especially leadership teams.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD systems, application deployment strategies, and monitoring.
- Proven experience leading and motivating teams of software engineers.
- Ability to recognize the need for continuous process improvement and provide creative solutions.
- Willingness to partner and roll up your sleeves and collaborate with cross-functional teamsExperience designing, maintaining, and optimizing database applications: PostgreSQL or MySQL preferred.
- Excellent technical communication skills.