Software Engineer III
Published on November 10, 2023
We're transforming the way the world experiences commerce - and we'd love for you to join us on this exciting journey! BOLDLY FORWARD We're illuminating the world through connected commerce. At Shift4, we’re doing big things – and we want you to be a big part of it. Commerce is at the heart of the global economy and is a vital part of our daily lives. We are endeavoring to illuminate the world by transforming and improving the connected commerce experience for all. Our team is the driving force behind our ambitious mission, and we hope you’ll join us for this exciting ride.
Employer: Shift4 Payments
Job Title: Software Engineer III (multiple positions)
Job Requisition: #SE3 | 6710.49.11
Job Location: 12401 Prosperity Drive, Silver Spring, MD 20190 (Telecommuting Permitted)
Job Type: Full Time
- Analyze requirements to design appropriate web software solutions to meet product needs.
- Design and program software features in company products in various web applications and implement payment features in company b2b web applications.
- Provide technical analysis and solutions to production issues on company's applications.
- Implement REST (or SOAP) based APIs to the web, authorize services, and program applications in various languages and databases.
- Develop and design innovative technology and software with a software developer team.
- Improve and plan test scripts during the development stage of SDLC.
- Branch, build, and configure application releases for launching to Test Engineering/QA teams.
- Configure and test for continuous integration (CI) and security static scans.
- Implement automation to achieve higher productivity, reliability, availability, and increased performance of our production systems.
- Participate in design and code review.
- Develop application operational documentation to ensure systems are in compliance with company policies, procedures, and security standards.
- Work in Scrum teams to suggest improvement during the development processes.
- Telecommuting Permitted.
Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and two (2) years of experience in the job offered or in a software engineering related occupation.
Position requires two (2) years of experience in skills listed below:
2) Developing enterprise-grade web applications;
4) Relational databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle db and NoSQL databases like MongoDB;
5) MVC architecture and object oriented analysis and design; and
6) Code versioning tools including Git / Gitlab.