LOCATION: Bogotá/Remote (from Bogotá)
DEPARTMENT: Software Engineering
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager, Software Engineering
As a Ruby on Rails Engineer, you will be responsable to collaborate with product managers and your fellow engineers to research, design, implement, test, and deploy new software products and features using agile methodologies. Work at scale with the latest in event-driven architectures (Kafka) and cloud-native deployments (Kubernetes). Learn and grow alongside our diverse and talented software engineering team.
- Collaborate with product managers, QA, and your fellow Engineers to research, design, implement, test, and deploy new software products and features.
- Design and implement solutions given high-level guidance.
- Develop and work with conceptual models of the problem domain.
- Work independently on, and possibly lead, projects of moderate scope.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Write automated unit, integration, and browser tests.
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to team knowledge-sharing
- Mentor Junior Engineers.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails experience (will consider Node.js with frameworks such as Nest.js).
- Strong attention to detail with excellent communication skills.
- Experience with scrum/agile development methodologies.
- Bonus points for Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Node.js, NestJs or React.JS.
- English is mandatory.
Broadvoice is more than just a leading cloud communications company; we're the architects of global connections. With dedicated offices across the United States, Latin America, and Europe, we are united by a shared passion for inspiring meaningful human connections. Our mission is clear: to personalize how people communicate, ensuring that our technology enhances teams' ability to connect with what truly matters no matter where work takes place.
Communication is the lifeblood of success, whether connecting with customers or collaborating with colleagues. At Broadvoice, our platforms create opportunities to interact, share ideas, and bring visions to life. We believe that human interaction is the cornerstone of brilliance, and we prioritize it in everything we do.
Our success at Broadvoice hinges on our vibrant culture. We take pride in our dedicated culture team, working tirelessly to foster a supportive and engaging work environment for all employees. Through community-building, collaboration, and personal and professional growth initiatives, our culture team ensures that Broadvoice is a place where everyone can thrive.
Broadvoice is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). We have an active DEI council open to all global employees, driving DEI initiatives worldwide through newsletters, webinars, fundraisers, book clubs, and more. By cultivating a culture of belonging, we empower our team members to be their best selves and contribute to our mission of inspiring meaningful human connections.
We value our employees and offer comprehensive benefits packages, including paid vacation and holidays, along with a host of other perks.
Broadvoice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their job functions.