Staff Backend Engineer - (Remote, Poland)
Published on November 15, 2023
Founded in 2015, Apollo is a leading sales intelligence and engagement platform trusted by over 20,000 paying customers, from rapidly growing startups to the largest global enterprises. Our platform unifies a database of 250m contacts and 60 million business accounts with advanced intelligence and engagement tools, to help over 500,000 sales, marketing, and recruiting professionals to connect with the right person at the right time with the right message, at speed and scale. We're also ranked #1 in Satisfaction on G2 Crowd for Sales Intelligence & Sales Engagement and are used by 1M professionals worldwide. In the last year, we’ve grown ARR 3x, quadrupled our active users, maintained profitability, and closed a $110M Series C led by Sequoia Capital in March of 2022 to fuel the next phase of our growth.
- Participation in key technical decision-making discussions such as sprint planning, software design, and code reviews
- Create the technical roadmap for Apollo's Prospecting (Search) product by incorporating heuristics or machine learning based solutions.
- Own some of the most challenging and impactful projects in the areas of search relevance, query understanding, search ranking, and recommendations.
- Provide mentorship to other engineers on the team in the search engine domain.
- Own parts of our search engine infrastructure and continue making it more robust and scalable.
- Help build and scale a world-class engineering team by interviewing and referral.
- Hold systematic weekly 1:1 touchpoints with engineers to deliver and receive quality feedback
- Setting technical direction and overseeing engineering projects working along with CTO on deciding the technology roadmap.
- Mentorship and sponsorship - best way to grow those around you is by creating an active practice of mentorship and sponsorship. Maintaining relationships and developing a positive team culture
- Provide objective and helpful quarterly performance feedback for engineers
- Problem solving
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Experience in software development using a general-purpose programming language (e.g., Java, Python etc).
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems design.