Software Engineer II - Full Stack
Published on November 13, 2023
The future, as we see it, has millions of devices connected to the internet — everything from citywide bike-sharing systems to smarter heart monitors to internet-connected eggs to catch sea turtle poachers. Hologram is here to connect anything to the internet via our global cellular platform and network available in over 200 countries and territories. The future is connected, and we are connecting it.
We're looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our team and help us scale.
About This Role
Hologram is looking for a skilled full-stack engineer to build modern, robust services and UX to power the future of IoT connectivity. We’re looking for someone with pride in their craft, a proven track record of delivering quality software, and strong teamwork fundamentals such as autonomy, time management, and cross-functional collaboration. We’re working on a different kind of technical challenge: more than just another app, Hologram delivers internet connectivity to physical devices on the move, all over the world.
What You’ll Do
- Work on our user-facing applications, including the Dashboard that presents the detailed status of each customer’s SIM cards
- Work with both our frontend and service code to implement full-stack features
- Use our core architectural patterns that promote clean, scalable code
- Write software with a focus on maintainability and best practice in a high-trust environment that encourages teamwork and recognizes ownership
- Work on widely varied challenges, being encouraged to learn new skills and competencies to strengthen the team
- Collaborate across departments, partnering directly with designers and product owners to focus on high value work and long-term quality
Helpful Skills and Experience
- Experience estimating, producing, and deploying maintainable software
- Experience improving software quality through best practices: modularization, testing, documentation, readability, etc.
- Experience providing technical leadership within a project or area of expertise
- Experience working on cross-functional teams: effectively communicating with counterparts across departments to clarify requirements, communicate status, and deliver quality results
- Adaptability and an eagerness to continue learning and growing
- A proven ability to learn, apply, and iterate on best practices within a project/team
- A self-motivated desire to learn how things work and improve them
How we work at Hologram
Hologram is a fun, upbeat, and remote-first team united by our core values. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
As part of our team, you'll receive:
- Competitive, transparent pay and equity.
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling
- 100% employee coverage on our base medical plan
- 14 weeks of family leave
- Monthly benefits budget
- Generous home office setup stipend
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — Hologram is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive.
Together we’re building something great: a way to help everyone – and everything – stay online and connected.
What to expect in the interview process:
- Interview with a member of our recruiting team
- 5 - 6 manager and peer interviews with folks the engineering team and cross-functional teams
- A coding assessment
- An interview with our CEO, Ben
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our passion for connecting the world, we’d love to review your application! For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected].
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, please still consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
We follow accepted offers with a background check and encourage you to apply even if you are worried about something from your past.