OneSignal is a leading omnichannel customer engagement solution, powering personalized customer journeys across mobile and web push notifications, in-app messaging, SMS, and email. On a mission to democratize engagement, we enable over a million businesses to keep their users - including readers, fans, players and shoppers - engaged and up to date by delivering 12 billion messages daily.
1 in 5 new apps launches using OneSignal! We support companies in 140 countries, including Zynga, USA Today, Bitcoin.com, Eventbrite, Tribune, and many more - from startups and small businesses just getting off the ground to established companies communicating with millions of customers.
We’re venture-backed by SignalFire, Rakuten Ventures, Y Combinator, HubSpot, and BAM Elevate (read more about our recent Series C!
). We offer remote work as the default option in the United States in California, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah as well as in the UK and Singapore - with plans to expand the locations we support in the future. Some roles are hybrid roles and will be listed as such. We have offices in San Mateo, CA and London, UK, and offer flex seating options in the NYC area. Hiring in Singapore is done in partnership with a local PEO.
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
About The Team:
Our Analytics team develops the products and features to make it easy and enjoyable for our customers to measure the effectiveness of their messaging strategy and understanding their audience lifecycle, providing the necessary information to make informed decisions.
As a Senior Remote Software Engineer, you'll have the autonomy to take ownership of significant projects and make a direct impact on our platform's performance and features. Your expertise will shape the way businesses engage with their users.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, Designers, and fellow engineers to design and implement new full-stack features and functionalities for our Analytics System, using languages such as React/TypeScript, Ruby, Golang and Rust
- Actively participate in peer code reviews and Technical Design Spec reviews, providing valuable technical insights to continuously improve our code base
- Work together with the team to efficiently resolve production issues and ensure the system scales smoothly to meet the growing demands of our customers.
- Conduct data analysis and performance monitoring to identify areas for optimization and enhancement
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies, incorporating new ideas into our engineering processes
What You'll Bring:
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience building backend frameworks at scale
- Experience with Rust and/or Golang, or a strong willingness to learn these two languages quickly
- Experience with ScyllaDB or Cassandra
- Experience with distributed system event streaming framework such as Apache Kafka
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience designing RESTful API
We value a variety of experiences, and these are not required. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in any of the following:
- Experience with Ruby/Rails
- Experience building a robust React Web application
- Experience with continuous build in an Agile Environment
- Have a good understanding of clean software design principles
The New York and California base salary for this full time position is between $160,000 to $180,000. Your exact starting salary is determined by a number of factors such as your experience, skills, and qualifications. In addition to base salary, we also offer a competitive equity program and comprehensive and inclusive benefits.
Qualities we look for:
- Friendliness & Empathy
- Accountability & Collaboration
- Proactiveness & Urgency
- Growth Mindset & Love of Learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place in our workplace.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on OneSignal. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application and/or interview process.