About The Role
Remote position (LATAM candidates only)
We’re looking for a passionate Sr Ruby on Rails Engineer to work with one of our partners. You will be responsible for the technical definition of the project and coordination of the development team.
You will be a player/coach, using their expertise and passion to mentor our team and drive the development of client's platform. As a senior Engineer, you’ll help build their Engineering stack and drive the product vision through its implementation and iterations.
You will be engineer number 1 in their new LATAM remote engineering hub. Working closely with the North American product team you will be responsible for building high- quality solutions across multiple product streams (eg AI, Marketplace, Subscriptions,etc.).
You will also be responsible for growing the remote hub and for the productivity of the team and the quality of their work. You will have a good balance between technical and people skills and be able to coordinate the team’s activities across the different stages of the product development lifecycle: understanding business requirements; Ruby on Rails development; code review; unit testing; deploying changes; engaging with project stakeholders.
- Deep experience in building web applications at scale using Ruby on Rails
- Demonstrable experience in leading, growing, and developing engineering teams
- Expert in the use of server-side templating languages (such as ERB, HAML, etc depending on your technology stack)
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (such as SASS, based on project requirements)
- Experience with Bootstrap or another grid-based library
- Strong debugging experience and ability to solve production issues
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. Git)
- Experience with agile story tools such as JIRA or Pivotal Tracker
- Strong understanding of current technology trends
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Design robust, scalable, and secure features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Mentor others on various parts of the front-end technology stack
- Influence team members and provide expert knowledge and advice to validate their design and implementation approaches
- Provide input on team building and hiring processes
- Run stand-ups for team
- Write documentation
- Perform code review with team members
- Ensure sufficient test coverage
- Identify issues in platform
- Performance tuning
About RYZ Labs:
RYZ Labs is a startup studio built in 2021 by two lifelong entrepreneurs. The founders of RYZ have worked at some of the world's largest tech companies and some of the most iconic consumer brands. They have lived and worked in Argentina for many years and have decades of experience in Latam. What brought them together is the passion for the early phases of company creation and the idea of attracting the brightest talents in order to build industry-defining companies in a post-pandemic world.
Our teams are remote and distributed throughout the US and Latam. They use the latest cutting-edge technologies in cloud computing to create applications that are scalable and resilient. We aim to provide diverse product solutions for different industries, planning to build a large number of startups in the upcoming years.
At RYZ, you will find yourself working with autonomy and efficiency, owning every step of your development. We provide an environment of opportunities, learning, growth, expansion, and challenging projects. You will deepen your experience while sharing and learning from a team of great professionals and specialists.
Our values and what to expect:
- Customer First Mentality - every decision we make should be made through the lens of the customer
- Bias for Action - urgency is critical, expect that the timeline to get something done is accelerated
- Ownership - step up if you see an opportunity to help, even if not your core responsibility
- Humility and Respect - be willing to learn, be vulnerable, and treat everyone who interacts with RYZ with respect
- Frugality - being frugal and cost-conscious helps us do more with less
- Deliver Impact - get things done in the most efficient way
- Raise our Standards - always be looking to improve our processes, our team, and our expectations.