Senior Software Engineer
Hey! Thanks for checking us out! We're PaymentSpring, a payments processor that specializes in helping non-profits and small businesses take credit card and ACH payments from donors or customers.
This position is for a senior software engineering role. It's 100% remote and US-based in the US/Central timezone. You have to be authorized to work in the United States for any employer; we're not able to accommodate visa sponsorships at this time.
Being 100% remote, you can work from anywhere in the world, but we do ask that you're available during certain core team hours. We're working on becoming more async, but we're not there yet.
Our platform is a collection of Ruby on Rails API microservices containerized using Docker and running on AWS Fargate. We have a few frontend UIs which are built using Vue.
What we use:
- Ruby on Rails
- Git (GitHub)
- AWS API Gateway
- AWS Fargate
- AWS Lambda
What we're looking for:
- 5 years of software engineering experience.
- Ruby on Rails experience OR experience in an adjacent language/framework (like Python/Django).
- Receptive to constructive feedback.
- Can give constructive feedback without being a jerk.
- Life-long learners.
- Familiarity with agile development practices.
- Break down work into digestible chunks.
- Scope work given business requirements.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive base pay: Seniors start at $120k.
- Yearly performance bonus.
- Health insurance: Our parent company, Nelnet, provides associates with health coverage through United Healthcare. There are multiple plan options available to choose from. If you meet certain health goals throughout the year, Nelnet will further subsidize your premium up to 100% (no cost to you!).
- Dental insurance.
- Vision insurance.
- HSA and FSA.
- Earned time off (ETO)
- 401k retirement account
- Student loan repayment
- Life insurance
- AD&D insurance