Associate Software Engineer (K8s) (Python/Ruby/Golang + AWS + K8s)
Published on November 12, 2023
At Acquia we value the differences in our life experiences and viewpoints. We believe that cultivating and supporting a diverse team globally is directly tied to our success as an organization, fueling greater innovation, productivity and business outcomes. We make it possible for all Acquians to make a lasting impact.
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, named one of the Best Places to Work in India by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia is seeking an Associate Software Engineer who can help lead our efforts to redefine the way we build, test, operate and supervise our cloud-based products and services. As a Platform Tools Associate Software Engineer, you will be working on a wide range of core internal systems, tooling and automation. You will work with your fellow engineers, Product Engineering, Operations and Customer Success teams to identify inefficiencies in our current services and processes, then propose and implement changes to streamline or automate remediation.
As the Associate Software Engineer, you will…
- work with your team to develop far reaching modules that have scalability and availability at their core
- contribute to our efforts to redefine the way we build, test, operate and supervise our cloud-based products and services
- maintain an understanding of system functionality and architecture, with a strong focus on the operational aspects of the service (availability, performance, change management, emergency response, capacity planning, etc)
- collaborate with your team members to review their work and have your work reviewed in turn
- work with other teams in deciding, developing integrations with other subsystems
- participate in Scrum software development lifecycle
- provide product support to internal and external partners
- work in a team environment where your team owns and operates the services you build
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- like solving complex challenges for scalable, low latency systems
- enjoy solutioning for a Cloud native environment
- enjoy collaborating with multiple collaborators
- have a passion for DevOps
What you’ll need to be successful…
- 1-2.3 yrs of software development experience with programming languages like Python/ Ruby/Go and the majority spent working on Cloud technologies like AWS/GCP/Azure (AWS preferred).
- have some experience with Kubernetes, DevOps processes and tools (Jenkins), artifact management system tools (Artifactory, Sonatype, ECR) and maintaining infrastructure as code - Terraform, Helm, Cloudformation.
- have familiarity with design patterns; writing clean, maintainable code
- have some scripting experience in Bash/Python/Ruby and comfortable navigating unix/linux based operating systems
- have experience with web development frameworks like Flask, Django, RoR, Sinatra
- have good oral and written communication skills
Extra credit if you…
- hold AWS certifications
- have hands on experience with Docker, K8s or equivalent
- have hands on experience with generative AI or ChatGPT
- have experience with SSO/Identity management solutions
- have an approach to automate repetitive tasks
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.