- Do you prefer leading small teams where you can have a big impact?
- Do you like architecting new features, collaborating with external and internal stakeholders?
- Are you adept in identifying trends in Support requests/tickets and creating long-term Engineering solutions?
MoxiWorks is a leader in developing web-based tools to empower real estate professionals. If you answer “yes” to the above questions, we want to hear from you! Our company growth is your opportunity.
What are we looking for?
An experienced Ruby Engineer to help transform our product services for the next phase in our growth. Engineers in this role should have a strong focus for developing new features which add value to customers and doing so sustainably with high quality code developed in collaboration with other engineers and teams.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring high standards are met and maintained; training and mentoring the team as required.
- Driving the best practices and development principles, understanding key metrics, and finding ways for the team to continue to improve.
- Leading the planning efforts of new features for the team and working with Product to ensure the team has all information required to bring features into Release.
- Assisting the Engineering Manager with the delivery of Product features, managing timelines, and assisting team by removing blockers and delivery of Sprint goals.
- Helping to reduce the Support backlog by identifying and eliminating root cause of high impact issues.
- Translating customer features and business needs into software.
- Create and maintain technical design documents, including workflow designs.
- Architecting software that is easy to reason about, easy to change, lives within well thought out functional domains, and clearly separates concerns between transit (protocol), business logic, and data persistence.
- Working with others in Engineering to continuously improve our production systems and architecture.
-Team lead experience (e.g. running Discovery and Spike meetings); 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Track record of developing code in Ruby (3+ years of experience) utilizing frameworks like Ruby on Rails; bonus if experience coding in PHP (or other OOPs) and Rust
- Postgres Database and SQL knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to analyze complex problems in large systems
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with others
- Detail oriented, analytical and creative thinker with passion for writing clean maintainable code
- Ability and willingness, at times, to work during hours enabling real-time collaboration with North American-based colleagues
- Remote work environment (if you’re in the Melbourne area, we occasionally use a shared office space)
- Our people are our priority. We are an international community of supportive, fun-loving, hard-working performers who are passionate about MoxiWorks' mission. Work somewhere where you are truly appreciated for your hard work and contributions.
- Growth opportunity to get onboard as we scale and cement our position as the leaders in our space.
- Access to mental health support: Uprise EAP platform and resources.
- Paid Parental leave for primary and secondary careers.
- Employee Stock Options
No agencies, please.
Salary range: $140,000 - $150,000 per-year-salary