At Greenshield Labs, we believe in helping Canadians get the health care they need, when and where they need it.
We create apps and services that make it easier, more accessible and more affordable for Canadians to get the care they need. We believe in the power of technology to let you live a healthier, happier and more meaningful life. And with this passion, we’re making practical solutions to everyday problems..
Interested in building high-impact health products? You’ll fit right in.
Life at Greenshield Labs
We are founders, entrepreneurs, designers, and technologists coming together to build, launch, and scale products and companies solving painful problems in the Canadian health space. We love solving big challenges and are focused on providing Canadians with better access to the care they need.
We are seeking a Support Software Engineer to join our team. Your duties will include assisting with client support tasks, and providing support for application issues.
The role in a nutshell
- Collaborate with the operations, tech support & QA team members to provide client support and troubleshooting assistance.
- You will be involved as the first line of support to resolve, troubleshoot or debug issues or triage them to be handled by the relevant team.
- Collaborate with Product/Engineering to continuously improve support processes and procedures.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Basic understanding or experience with Backend technologies like Ruby On Rails OR Node /Express
- Basic understanding or experience working with Relational Databases like PostgreSQL
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work with various stakeholders in the implementation and support process.
- You’re naturally curious: you ask “why” a lot, and will never do something “just because”
Nice to have
- 1-2 years of experience with Backend technologies like Ruby On Rails OR Node/Express
- 1-2 years of experience working with Relational Databases like PostgreSQL
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for technology and a desire to help clients succeed, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Our Commitment To Your Health:
We pride ourselves on offering flexible and comprehensive benefits for you and your dependents, covering medical, dental, mental health and more. At GreenShield, we understand that life happens. We offer flexible work hours for the times when you need to put your health, family, or well-being first.
Proficiency in English is required for this position. As part of this role, you will be required to communicate with colleagues, clients, or customers who predominantly use English as their primary language. English language skills are essential to ensure effective and efficient communication, both verbally and in writing and will enable strong collaboration with colleagues from diverse backgrounds. By requiring English proficiency for this position, we aim to ensure that our employees can excel in their roles, collaborate, and communicate effectively, and contribute to the success of our organization.
Even if your experience doesn’t align perfectly to every requirement in this posting, but you are excited about this opportunity, we invite you to apply from the page that opens by clicking “Apply Now”.
Providing this information gives GreenShield consent to use your personal information to assess your suitability for specific positions, future opportunities or for your personnel file. Your résumé will be held in strict confidence and will be viewed only by the Organization. Information may be stored outside of Canada and could be used for aggregate statistical purposes (which uses no personal identification).
We believe the best workplace cultures are where every voice is valued and every person feels comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. Diversity and inclusion are ingrained in our DNA.
GreenShield is an equal opportunity employer. Whatever you need to be successful, we will support you. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process or a few questions answered, please let us know at at [email protected]
. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.