Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Published on November 19, 2023
At Cadmus, we're committed to improving teaching and learning in Higher Education. Our online assessment platform is used by universities across Australia to create and deliver incredible learning experiences to hundreds of thousands of students.We’re a team of learners, doers, and creative problem solvers, excited to make an impact and see our team grow. We’re thoughtful, kind and sometimes silly; always here to support each other to do our best work. Join us!
- Full Stack Development: 6+ years of professional experience in full stack software development. You can develop rich front-end applications in React and Typescript. You have written complete backend services in languages like Elixir, Rust, Ruby on Rails, Go, with GraphQL and REST APIs. You have built things from zero.
- Strong Judgement: Based on experience and knowledge of the state of the art in software development, you make pragmatic suggestions for improving tooling and abstractions. You are comfortable making judgment calls on tradeoffs and edge cases in the user experience on your own.
- End-to-End Picture: You understand the complete picture of building and deploying SaaS products on AWS Cloud and Google Cloud. You can work with SQL (like PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases and fundamentally understand how the backend and frontend infrastructure/services connect and scale.
- Communication Skills: You have advanced English communication skills, and are equally comfortable talking to with fellow developers and external customers. You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real-time.
- Team Player: You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals and care about learning, growing, and helping others do the same.
- Startup DNA: You’re flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and have experience scaling systems to support rapid growth. You have been a one-person army when needed, or worked as a founding engineer.
- A Bar Raiser: You bring your passion and work ethic to the table every day, and constantly set the example for others. You are constantly looking to upskill yourself, and find ways to improve upon the status quo.
- A remote-friendly, flexible working culture; where you can work from any global location
- A diverse and inclusive workplace where there are no barriers to anyone succeeding
- A surrounding team of mission-driven individuals who genuinely love what they do
- Mentoring and succession planning for your career