Senior Ruby on Rails developer
Our business is growing steadily, so we are expanding backend engineer team to further grow Jitera's automation product (No-Code, Low-Code, and code generator).
There are lots of technical challenges in our development, so lots of skilled and talented engineers are contributing to the product in the professional remote team from all over the world.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, test and release high-quality software.
- Work with other engineers, designers, and product owners to implement various features while considering maintainability, security, and performance.
- Represent the engineering team in meetings, contributing to ideas relevant to the product roadmap with a strong understanding of future customers and their desires.
- Monitor and bug fix to ensure that customers can use the application expectedly.
- Create technical documentation and communicate clearly across the product team.
- Support team members to review, feedback, and onboard.
- More than 4 years experience of with Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB)
- Business level English skills (speaking / listening/writing/reading)
- Good understanding of fundamental design patterns in software design.
- Ability to work independently.
- Communication skills to work cooperatively in a remote team.
- Ability to prepare remote work environment where you can focus on your work with a stable network place.
- Experience of DevOps works with infrastructure as code solutions.
- Experience to work on infrastructure implementations on AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Experience of React and TypeScript ecosystem.
- Experience to develop applications with NoCode services.
- Backend: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, GraphQL
- Frontend: TypeScript, React, React Native, Styled Components, Apollo Client
- Database: MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Infrastructure: AWS, GCP, Docker, Terraform, HashiCorp Vault
- CI/CD: Github Actions, AWS CodePipeline
- Project management: Github, Zenhub
- Documentation: Notion, Google Workspace, Miro
- Communication: Slack, Gather, DailyBot
- Full remote. You can work from all over the world. Of course, you can also work from your home.
- Full flextime system. You can work anytime in your timezone, but you need to attend regular team and company meetings.
- Can have the option to work part-time during the probation as a second job if you recently have a full-time job
- Culture interview (~20 min)
- Coding assignment (homework)
- Technical - Final interview (~1h30 min)
- Probation (2- 4 weeks)
- We'll provide some benefits if you'll work as a full-time regular employee.
- EmployeeTaxes (maximum 10% of salary- Employer's Support)
- Employee Stock Options
- Premium insurance/ Private Health Insurance
- 22 Annual Leaves/ Paid Time Off
- MacBook Pro M1 provided
- Special events/occasions celebration/gifts
- Co-working space
- Sponsorship for classes - English/ Training
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
- Performance Review bi-annually