Software Developer - Back End
Crossover makes remarkable health possible by bringing people, their doctors, data, and benefits together under one connected system of health. We’ve built an entirely new category of primary care providing one simple place to go for trusted care—in person, online, anytime. We are working with the most innovative employer partners to integrate disconnected health and wellness benefits with tech-enabled services which allows our partners to increase access to care, decrease spending, and deliver an unrivaled experience for employees near and far.
You will be responsible for evolving, enhancing, and extending our RESTful API based on Product and Organizational priorities. This includes API endpoints that serve and process data to/from our web/mobile applications, tooling that enables operational efficiency, database design, and the creation of various integrations with external systems.
The ideal candidate is a developer who is excited to build and ship software to their users, is able to quickly gain domain specific knowledge, focuses on becoming a true contributor to the team, thrives in an environment where individual initiative and team collaboration are both key, and is passionate about improving the lives of the patients we serve.
- Designs, implements, maintains, and tests our core API server
- Enhances and maintain database schemas, carefully craft queries, and build migrations
- Works in a cross functional, mission-driven team alongside product managers, designers, and clinicians, designing and building the platform that redefines healthcare
- Be energized at the prospect of working on software that improves patients’ lives
- Be smart about choosing between fast and right
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years professional developer experience (hands-on experience — planning, writing, debugging and optimizing software)
- Developed Ruby-based RESTful API/backend applications for 1+ years
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in an RDBMS (MySQL, PGSQL, etc.)
- Delivered high-quality, readable, code, while balancing competing priorities
- Clear, consistent communication skills: in code, in discussion, and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to maintain software’s specification, quality, and performance via test frameworks (e.g., minitest, RSpec, etc.)
- Keep quality, patient safety, and privacy a top priority in your deliverables
- Continuously seekst and embraces opportunities to build upon your skills and knowledge
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Experience with distributed source control solutions (we use Git)
- Experience working within a lightweight agile project structure
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Delivery to drive quality and shorten feedback cycles
- Experience with a modern frontend JS framework like Vue.js, React, or similar JS MVC frameworks
- Familiarity with using scripting languages to build development and automation tools
- Working knowledge of the AWS platform (leveraging services, automating infrastructure, etc.)
- Experience developing clinically-focused software and/or Healthcare Information Technology
- Experience in a startup environment or entrepreneurial organization
Physical Job Requirements
- Ability to use a computer for a full day of work, using your preferred input and output methods.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Crossover Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at [email protected]