Full Stack Engineer
Ibotta is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding by building something great with us.
As part of the engineering team, you will play an integral part in building out the next iteration of our web-based suite of products. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for building high quality, fluent interfaces backed by scalable architecture. Every engineer across the team has input into our product process and will contribute real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Build responsive, customer-facing sites in Vue.Js, Ember.js and other front-end technologies
- Work with a cross-functional team to design and develop new features that will be used by millions of users
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Own our technical solutions from terraform to CSS
- Stay abreast of the ever-changing technology landscape to identify the best tools and technologies for the problems we’re solving
- Build new microservices using the right language/tool for the job. Our current microservices are written in a variety of languages including Node, Ruby, Java etc
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Analytics or a related field required
- Experience across relevant technologies such as Typescript, Ruby, Java, Kotlin, etc.
- Knowledge of object-oriented software design, development, and architectural principles
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
- CSS, Responsive Design & Design Systems
- Building component libraries
Nice to have:
- Vue.JS, Ember.js
- Ruby on Rails
- Building APIs for internal or external applications
- Experience mentoring teammates
- Automated testing using tools such as RSpec and Mocha
- Scrum/Agile development
Here are some of the traits that we seek in great engineers:
- love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- look for ways to continually challenge yourself and develop as an engineer
- understand that communication is a huge part of your software engineering responsibility and practice it daily
- understand that testing your code is one of the most important aspects of software engineering
- respect diverse perspectives and like collaborating with other engineers to solve hard problems
- understand that delivering products incrementally helps provide more value to the business
- trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate. You are not afraid to voice your opinions, but you are okay with not always being right
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match and equity.
- Base compensation range: $90,000-120,000. This compensation range is specific only to Colorado and may be adjusted based on actual experience.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.