Software Engineer II
Published on December 04, 2023
We’re on a Mission to Make Government Permitting and Licensing Easier and Faster. At Clariti, we empower governments to deliver exceptional citizen experiences through our easy-to-use permitting and licensing software, and our dedication to service excellence. Through our 13+ years working with city, county, state, and provincial governments across North America, we’ve developed a deep understanding of the challenges governments face in permit and license management - such as staff shortages and ever-increasing volume - and the need for more flexible, user-friendly solutions. So we set out to make a difference. Clariti, then BasicGov, was formed in 2008 as the first public sector AppExchange partner on the Salesforce platform: a stand-alone, 100% software-as-a-service company offering industry-leading permitting and licensing solutions for government, and truly reliable customer support. Our team’s goal is to provide the most intuitive and low-maintenance solutions on the market to make complex processes easier for citizens and staff.
What do we do?
What will you work on?
- Create, enhance and support applications on and off the Salesforce platform.
- Translate user stories into technical design specifications to work in a squad to deliver technically excellent solutions to a high level of quality.
- Collaborate with team during Agile/Scrum stand-ups, sprint planning sessions, and retrospectives to plan, design, code and review development tasks.
- Create visual representations of logical business processes using appropriate industry standards.
- Be a master at load balancing your availability to stakeholders for day-to-day activities and release deadlines.
- Proactively suggest improvements to the development process through engagement and feedback within the development team or with management.
- Work with Product Management and external department stakeholders to drive solutions through to succesful implementation and delivery.
- Coordinate with Technical Services/Support and Product Management for timely bug fix deployments.
- 4+ years of experience designing and constructing solutions using cloud and web-based technologies.
- Familiarity with web RESTful services.
- Experience accurately scoping and breaking down technical problems.
- Experience with technical architecture and design.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle and contributing to complete delivery of software solutions.
- Knowledge of Continuous IntegrationI/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices.
- Experience developing using the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Ability to pick up new languages quickly and an enthusiasm for learning new Salesforce and industry technologies.
- Excellent researching and analysis skills.
Why join Clariti?
Our Commitment to ED&I
- 100% ‘remote-first’ Work Environment - our people are our greatest asset, and everyone requires a different environment to do their best work. To maintain flexibility in our workstyles and locations, our team works remotely - currently across Canada and the United States
- Flexible Work Hours - everyone on the team works a typical 8-hour workday, however as we span various timezones, we have defined core hours for collaboration from 9am-2pm (PST). Outside of that window, we recognize that everyone has busy and diverse lives, so we encourage our team to be flexible in their schedules for work based on their personal needs and preferences
- Competitive Total Compensation - we recognize the valuable contributions and hard work of our team, and reward them for it!
- Personal Time Off (PTO) - we recognize the need for recreation, and to ensure that all employees are taking adequate rest, we offer our team 29 days of paid time-off (broken down as 3 weeks of vacation + 8 flex days + 2 holiday observance days + 4 team appreciation days)
- Comprehensive Extended Benefits package - including coverage for medical, dental and vision - starting on day one!
- $500 Annual Wellness Spending Account - (prorated based on start date) for team members' personal health and wellbeing
- An Annual Professional Development budget, and high potential for growth and continuous learning
- Team Building Initiatives - in partnership with leadership and our People & Talent team, we have a culture committee who regularly host events and activities to support team socials and engagement
- Onboarding & Quarterly WFH budget - we provide each of our team members with $300 to get started, and $150 per quarter (adjusted based on CAN or US location) to spend towards home office expenses, co-working memberships, or anything they need to make their personal work space comfortable
- Tech Tools and Stack - we provide the team with a Mac (or PC where necessary), and for regular collaboration and day-to-day work management, we use Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack, Confluence/Jira, Lattice, Rippling and Greenhouse
Don’t meet all the requirements but still interested in applying for an opportunity? We’re all on a journey to learn constantly and have areas to grow in and develop. If you bring some of the above skills to the table and are still developing in others, please apply with us anyway! Learning and experience isn’t a one-way path, if you believe you have the background needed to make an impact in this role, we’d love to hear from you.