Published on December 05, 2023
Settle is a FinTech company on a mission to help businesses thrive by taking the worry out of cash flow management. We’re building software making it super easy for finance teams to track, pay, and reconcile invoices. We pair that with lending products to offer our customers the power and flexibility to choose who, when, and how to pay their customers. Our small but growing team (~70 today) was founded in San Francisco along with an engineering hub in Lviv, Ukraine. We’re building a fully distributed team and support you working from where you are. We're well funded (Series-B) with backing by Ribbit, Stripes, Kleiner Perkins, Founder’s Fund, SciFi Ventures, and others. We provide competitive benefits, compensation, and equity. We're looking for motivated engineers who are eager to build something from scratch to delight our customers!
- Design and build data models, services, and APIs to power our webapp.
- Utilize heuristics, automation, and machine learning to streamline customer facing workflows, internal underwriting decisions, and fraud detection.
- Scale and secure our systems to support an increasing number of users, features, business requirements, partners, and engineers.
- Collaborate with the team to build robust testing and deployment frameworks.
- CS fundamentals plus real-world experience. 3+ years of industry experience preferred. You have prior experience and/or fluency in an OOP language, ideally with an ORM framework like Django or Hibernate, and a willingness to learn Ruby on Rails (our primary backend language).
- Webapp architecture design. The design choices we make today will form the foundation of our tech for years to come. You have an end-to-end understanding of how everything fits together from infrastructure up through display and love designing reliable and extensible systems.
- Adaptability. We’re a startup and project needs can change quickly. You’re someone that loves to jump into a new problem, learn what’s needed, and solve it.
- Customer-centric mentality. You care about the user, strive to understand their needs, and build tools to solve their problems.
- Leadership. With rapid growth, we need and expect everyone to be a leader. You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown. You hold yourself and others to a high bar. You enjoy mentoring and growing other engineers.