Full Stack Engineer, Crypto
Published on December 07, 2023
Stripe is a global technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Build the core of Stripe products, services and APIs in spectacularly robust fashion. Banking Platform is crucial in helping Stripe globalize its payout capabilities by building the interfaces that allows users as well internal Stripe teams to move money. As a platform company powering businesses all over the world, Stripe processes payments, runs marketplaces, detects fraud, helps entrepreneurs start an internet business from anywhere in the world, builds world-class developer-friendly APIs, and more. We are currently on an inflection point thinking on how we make the platform 10x better. The Banking Platform team works to ensure money gets to its destinations safely, reliably and in a cost effective manner. As Stripe expands globally, we realize that we haven’t won yet, and know that successfully being able to take pay out to different countries is crucial to our progress in economic globalization. We’re investing in the Banking Platform team to run the infrastructure that supports a wide variety of bank payouts and payment methods. You’ll help abstract the rails for money and movement while rigorously understanding properties such as speed, cutoff, currency and fees.
Who we are
What you’ll do
- Design, build, and maintain our applications, from the user interface through to core data models and APIs
- Debug production issues across all levels of the stack
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
Who you are
- Have experience developing in the cryptocurrency space in prior roles, both as a full-time job or on technically complex side projects.
- Have a history of collaborating with and participating in the cryptocurrency and web3 communities.
- Have experience building software and systems that strike the right balance amongst simplicity, flexibility, and safety. We work mostly in Ruby on the backend, with some Java, and our frontend is React-based. However, languages and frameworks can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
Additional benefits for this role may include: equity, company bonus or sales commissions/bonuses; 401(k) plan; medical, dental, and vision benefits; and wellness stipends.