Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Published on December 07, 2023
At PokerAtlas, we take great pride in disrupting the casino gaming industry with innovation benefiting players and operators alike. Our fully integrated B2C and B2B platforms create a powerful win-win ecosystem encompassing real-time information, online bookings and community engagement. Hundreds of casinos and millions of players rely on PokerAtlas to simplify their respective journeys towards profitability at the tables. And similar to our constituents, the thrill of winning fuels our team as we strengthen our leadership position.
About the job
Who Should apply?
What will your day-to-day look like?
- Design and develop complex software applications using Ruby on Rails.
- Manage and monitor our system on Heroku
- Configure and monitor automated alerts and take action when needed.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop a performant and beautiful UI.
- Review and propose improvements to our application architecture.
- Review and propose improvements to our standards, practices, and tooling.
- Provide clear and actionable feedback as part of the Pull Request process.
- Troubleshoot and debug existing software applications.
- Test and validate software applications to ensure they meet business requirements and function correctly.
- Maintain and update existing frameworks and packages.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in software development.
- 5+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails development.
- Strong grasp of common design patterns and practices.
- Passion for improving existing processes and tooling.
- Desire and ability to manage, monitor, and improve our system on Heroku