Backend Engineer (Remote)
As a software company, ReviewTrackers empowers businesses to better understand their customers through advanced reviews and customer feedback technology. Our platform aggregates our customer’s reviews allowing them to analyze, amplify, and maximize customer feedback to accelerate customer
acquisition and improve customer retention while driving more authentic connections.
ReviewTrackers has joined the InMoment family to further the comprehensive understanding of experience as a one stop shop for Experience Improvement (XI), helping our clients understand the voice of customers and employees through collecting and analyzing data from three critical lines of intelligence - customers, employees and the market - for a comprehensive understanding of experience.
As part of the InMoment family, ReviewTrackers embraces the saying #OwnTheMomentsThatMatter meaning that we recognize that every moment offers a new opportunity to make an impact and leave our mark. As a team, we believe in cultivating an inclusive, equitable, dynamic, and communicative workplace. We value crafting a team with diverse backgrounds and mindsets while respecting a healthy expression of opinions. We support and inspire our team to experiment with new ideas while collaborating and communicating with one another to find creative solutions.
ReviewTrackers is currently looking for a passionate, self-motivated, and collaborative Backend Engineer to join our Engineering Team. As a backend engineer at ReviewTrackers you will help deliver complex new features that provide our users with unique business insights. You’ll help to maintain healthy code repositories, as we strive to spend one fourth of our time tackling tech debt. You’ll get the opportunity to contribute to our web application and work in an event driven architecture. The majority of our work is done in Ruby, Postgres and RabbitMQ. There are opportunities to touch Golang and Python as well. Join us as we continue to change the way businesses interact with their customers!
What you will be working on:
- Cutting-edge products that involve natural language processing and business intelligence analysis.
- Iterations on features through a deep collaboration with the Product team.
- Ever improving code repositories, that are deployed daily, and tested thoroughly.
- Collaborating with fellow engineers to solve new technical problems.
What you will bring to the table:
- At least 1.5+ years of practical use of programming in a modern programming language(s)
- Advanced experience with one or more of the following technologies: Ruby, Python, Golang, PostgreSQL, SQL (Preferred experience using Ruby and PostgreSQL in a production environment)
- Experience participating in the architecture and design of new and existing products
- The motivation to learn new skills while contributing phenomenal work and striving to be the best version of yourself while working on a collaborative team
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Who you will be working with:
- You will be reporting to the Engineering Manager, and will be meeting weekly to develop a clear and defined promotional path.
- You will be working in our engineering organization of 20+ engineers, and on a team of 3-5 other engineers, a product manager, product designer.
- You will be cross collaborating with the product team to create data-driven solutions.
- You will be working with the product team to POC product ideas collected from all ReviewTrackers employees
Perks and Benefits at ReviewTrackers:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthcare benefits covered at 100% by ReviewTrackers for yourself with the option for family coverage at 25% by ReviewTrackers
- Flexible PTO policy
- Company-sponsored 401K safe harbor match contribution of up to 4% of compensation
- FSA or HSA benefits are available
- Pre-taxed transit benefits
- Volunteer & Fundraising initiatives
- Monthly Company newsletter
- Quarterly all hands meeting to review strategy, demo new products, share learnings and celebrate our wins
- Virtual ‘Take Your Coworker to Lunch’ paid for by ReviewTrackers
- WFH Office Stipend
- Virtual events to learn and grow as a team
- Company Kindle, along with unlimited books of your choice
ReviewTrackers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.