Back-End Software Engineer
We're organized, experienced, and in growth mode. Termly’s remote work approach to engineering allows us to have the best people available on our teams. While our headquarters is in Seattle, we embrace a remote-friendly approach. Provided engineers can be online with the rest of the team, typically in the continental US time zones, where you do great work matters less than the work you do.Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a back-end software engineer. You’re hungry, humble, and smart, and find pleasure in building software. You like collaborating with, learning from, and teaching members of your team. You’re delighted by simplicity & technical excellence.
For this position we’re fortunate enough to have some flexibility on the level of experience: 2+ years back-end or full-stack software development experience, and pay will be based on expertise & experience.
We are primarily in an AWS environment. We use Ruby on Rails, React, and Python on Kubernetes. Our small dev team strives to be agile and nimble.A bit about the job
Your primary focus for this position will be to implement, improve, extend, and maintain the applications that Termly provides. You’ll play a contributing role in the entire development process. Termly is committed to helping engineers develop skills to be even better the longer they’re with us, something we achieve by having senior folks with decades of experience who love to mentor. This position will report to the VPE.
Some specific tasks include
- Review and implement technical product requirements
- Solve and track problems through to resolution
- Software development
- On-call assignments are shared across the team, and this role would share that responsibility, and would also be a tier 2 support for fires.
- 2-10+ years of professional software development experience
- Work well with leaders, support folks, ops folks, and developers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on remote teams
- Proficiency in refactoring and unit testing
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms
This is a full-time position. No contract work or visa sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
- Salary: $100-$170K DOE
- Great medical, dental, and vision plans
- Life & disability
- 401k retirement plan
- 3 weeks annual vacation time
- 40 hours of annual sick leave
- 11 paid holidays
- Fully remote position with flexible hours
Joining a startup doesn’t mean compromising on benefits. In addition to the above package, we also provide the chance to work with a highly talented team of developers - and we’re committed to delivering growth opportunities for anyone hungry and ready to make an impact! If you are a talented and ambitious engineer that's ready to take your career to the next level, and want to work with a small group of like minded people, you’ve come to the right place.
Send us your resume and a brief message explaining why you’re the perfect fit!