Ruby on Rails Software Engineer (EMEA Remote)
Jobandtalent connects good people with endless opportunities. We created a revolutionary staffing platform that seamlessly matches workers with growing companies. Jobandtalent is the world’s largest and most successful job platform, with the highest NPS in the industry and having placed over 100,000 jobseekers so far.
At the heart of our on-demand job platform is the data-driven job matching technology, which tears down the barriers to job searching and hiring. Jobandtalent radically simplifies hiring processes so that workers are supplied a steady flow of job opportunities. International companies like DHL, FedEx, eBay, P&G, IKEA, Gorillas, and Just Eat have put their growth into the trusted hands of our people.
Jobandtalent is currently valued at $2.4 billion and is backed by leading investors including SoftBank, Kinnevik, Atomico and BlackRock. With a growth rate of 130% and $1 billion in revenue last year, Jobandtalent is the 10th fastest growing startup in Europe 2021.
Who we are
Work, work, work. At Jobandtalent, we don’t get tired of hearing all about it. That’s because we are set out on a mission to increase the employability of millions and want to put people square back at the center of employment - a mission we believe is pretty cool to be a part of.
Headquartered in sunny Madrid, Spain, but home to the world, we are a remote-first company operating in 9+ markets across Europe and the Americas - with ambitious plans for further expansion. We need a passionate team to revolutionize the employment market with us. If you want to help us work on the future of work, keep scrolling; your next adventure awaits!
You will be working in one of our product teams inside the Backend guild to design and implement real-world staffing solutions in a Service-Oriented Architecture platform.
Our current most common tech stack is:
- Rails 6.0
- PostgreSQL as RDBS
- RabbitMQ as message bus provider
- Redis with Sidekiq for async processing
- All our services are containerised with Docker, deployed in AWS, and all our real production platform is simulated in-development using this technology
A successful candidate will have
- Professional and demonstrable software development experience, preferably web and API development
- At least 2+ years of experience building Ruby/Ruby on Rails, customer-facing applications
- You know how to do things the “Rails Way” but also understand how things work under the hood
- A thirst for analyzing key business metrics & qualitative feedback
- A hands-on approach to understanding and tackling business challenges
- Strong RDBMs knowledge (query analysis, database transactions, …)
- Fluency in English is a must. We want to bring talent to our team, no matter where it comes from.
Nice to have
- Not afraid of learning a new language if a new tool is required
- Experience working with distributed systems
- You know your way through Linux servers
- Some No-SQL experience (Redis)
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (inc. Scrum, Kanban, …)
- You master git and the GitHub workflow, which we use extensively at Jobandtalent
- Experience with monitoring systems
Some of the benefits that we offer
- The chance to make an impact in one of the fastest-growing scale-up companies in Europe
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment with an international and multidisciplinary team
- Salary and Performance reviews every six months
- ESOP (Employee Stock Plan) program and all technical staff are eligible for it after reaching a certain level of seniority
- Flexible working hours
- We are a remote-first company, so if your office is at home, we will provide for any equipment you need to do your job
- Free emotional and psychological well-being support with Therapy Chat
- Annual personal learning budget of €1,000 for conferences, courses, books, etc.
- Free languages classes: English, Spanish, German, French
- European Visa Sponsorship
Not looking for free fruit? Good, we offer much more:
Purpose: Make an impact in one of the fastest-growing scale-up companies in Europe and develop your career while working alongside an international, diverse and multidisciplinary team. Our exhilarating working environment gives you a seat at the table that's transforming the employment market
Pay: With financial recognition ingrained into our company philosophy, we offer our employees highly competitive salaries. Your performance and salary are reviewed every 12 months. With our ESOP (Employee Stock Option Plan) you can benefit from our skyrocket growth.
Place: Being headquartered in Madrid but at home in the world, we let you work wherever you please and thrive. Even though an average 7,5 hours of Spanish sunshine a day seems pretty ideal, we are a remote-first company. We provide all the technical equipment you need to do your job, and hold regular team camps across Europe where you can meet your colleagues IRL
Play: We offer complimentary learning and development opportunities, such as an annual personal learning budget of 1,000€, as well as language classes for English, Spanish, German, Italian and French. It’s like an open bar, but better
Pace: Stagnation is boring. We believe every year gives us 52 opportunities to try something new and challenge yourself. With Jobandtalent you will be growing with us, at rocket speed
Prop Up: We won’t leave you standing in the rain. That’s why we help you put your mind at ease and offer free emotional and psychological guidance with Therapy Chat because, well, we care about mental health. We also support European Visa Sponsorships