Why Join Us
User Interviews is a fully remote team (even in the before times). We are proactive about staying connected to one another despite not sharing the same physical space. Remote culture is real and we care about it—a lot.
We’re a team of doers. You’ll be fully supported by your manager and team, but there won’t be anyone peering over your shoulder. You’ll be expected and trusted to take ownership of your work, and to communicate clearly and transparently with your distributed teammates.
On a related note, we’re very pro-feedback. From our users, of course. But also from each other. From individual contributors right up to the CEO, this is a team that is genuinely committed to continuous improvement.
Engineering at User Interviews
You'll be joining a team that cares deeply about talking to our users, creating great experiences for them, and incorporating their feedback into everything we do. Plus, it is a chance to build a product used by your peers at world class companies. There is a fun-meta-geekiness to the whole thing that never gets old.
We work in a pod structure which includes a tech lead, PM, designer, and 4 engineers. The pod works together to determine what is going to be built next, how it is going to be built, and what we need to do to execute.
What you’ll do
As an engineer on the team, you will be working with another engineer on any given effort. While this can include pair programming, it is not the default process by which we code. You and your partner in crime will figure out implementation details and attack the problem as you see fit. You and your partner will do initial code reviews and be a sounding board for each other. Everyone works on the full stack and contributes to every aspect of the product life cycle. We are always looking to add more people to teach and learn from as we build our team and product.
- React, Webpack, and SCSS using BEM
- Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, ActiveInteraction, and RSpec
- Hosted on Heroku using Github and CircleCI for CI and automated testing
- Anywhere from 2+ years of industry experience with React or Ruby on Rails. Experience with both is a bonus.
- Candidates must be located in the United States and authorized to work without any Visa sponsorship.
- Strong industry experience which can be added to our knowledge base
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust based on new requirements and direction
- A desire to influence the product in a meaningful way
- Curiosity to constantly learn new better ways to build software
- An interest in helping other engineers on the team learn and grow
- Competitive Salary: $100 - $150k / year based on seniority of hire with access to stock options.
- 100% premium covered medical + dental employee coverage
- Annual membership to One Medical Group & Talkspace
- 401k + employer contribution
- 4 weeks of PTO to start + accrue an additional day per year of employment
- Unlimited wellness days - Sick? Doctors appointment? Mental health day? We’ve got you covered.
- Flexible, paid parental leave
- Stock options for every employee
- $250 Office setup budget
- $50/month Work From Home stipend
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Performance-based incentive plans
- Awards for 360-degree recognition, work anniversaries, & birthdays
- 1-2 team retreats per year (virtual and in-person options)
- Weekly engineering brunch and learns to discuss what we're working on or learning in and outside of the workplace.
- Cool inside jokes and references like Rs and Ps, Party Gritty, and Tacos.
We embrace what makes you, you!
We are committed to accessibility, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We build products for and welcome participants, researchers, and employees from a diverse set of backgrounds. These backgrounds include—but are not limited to—varied socioeconomic status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, race, ethnicity, age, neurodivergence, disability, and citizenship.
As we grow, we are aware that this work is continuous. We will not settle for how things are, but rather strive for how they could be.