Your Mission ⚡
As a Software Engineer at Census, you'll be working closely with the founders and the engineering team to create and scale a data platform to billions of records.
We have a small and senior team of engineers with years of industry experience from places like Amazon, Google and Dropbox as well tons of startup experience (we have 6 former YC founders on staff).
If you are looking for a role where you can influence both the company culture and product experience, read on.
Your responsibilities 🗓
- You will make contributions to all parts of our tech stack, which is comprised of Rails, Typescript, Vue, Heroku, and AWS.
- You will work closely with our product team to help design and develop new features.
- You will inform much of our early culture and be part of creating a truly special team.
- You will be an active member of our sprint process - we do short sprint plans once every two weeks and 20 minute daily virtual standups.
- You won't burn out – we are building a great product while creating a fun, family-friendly culture.
- You will learn some of our lingo, like "do nothing", "done done", "ponies" and "ur-*"
Our ideal candidate 🏅
- Can build things end-to-end. Our engineers build, deploy and maintain their code.
- Is adept with data & backend systems and unafraid to work with UI components.
- Has a Bachelor's degree in CS, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience.
- Thrives in ambiguous environments where you get to work directly with customers and make decisions that have a huge impact on the business.
Our benefits 🏆
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (full platinum coverage for dependents)
- Laptop, monitor, and accessories
- Flexible time off (20+ days/year recommended)
- Parental leave
Census is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
What are you waiting for? Apply ⬇️