Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
We are looking for a remote Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer with strong knowledge in application backend development to join our development team. This is a long-term full-time (40 hrs/wk) contract role.
What You’ll Do:
- Communicate with the Engineering Manager and with frontend developers to establish priorities and plan the application roadmap.
- Suggest performance improvements and provide assistance with application architecture design.
- Point out potential performance problems and suggest fixes.
- Develop new web services with Ruby on Rails.
What You Should Have:
- 4+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails applications (mandatory).
- Experience with unit testing (rspec, Jest, etc.) and background workers (Sidekiq).
- Experience working from design docs/specifications and frameworks.
- Knowledge of Vue.js, React, Solr, service workers architecture, and advanced SQL (nice to have).
Hubstaff is a fast-growing startup in the time tracking and project management space that fully embraces remote work. You work when and where you want. We care a lot about our culture, having fun while working hard, and promoting our annual retreats.
Our team has people from 30 different countries: we value and welcome diverse backgrounds.
At Hubstaff, we work smart, not hard. Team members are not expected to work more than 40 hrs/wk. Work/life balance is very important to us and our culture.
Benefits of working for Hubstaff:
- 100% Remote work.
- 25 days of Annual Paid Time Off.
- Annual Equipment/ Technology Stipend.
- Maternity / Paternity Bonus.
- Annual Training Allowance.
- Remote Retreats.
US Citizens: you can work with us as a 1099 contractor or as W2.
We get the whole team together on our Annual Retreats to have fun while travelling and getting to know each other! While 2020 had us meeting virtually because of the pandemic, we met in Portugal (in 2019) and in Mexico (in 2018).