Remote full-stack Ruby on Rails Developer
Make a difference to the lives of 100s of ethical hackers building the tools they need.
What we offer and what we are looking for:
You'll be a trusted and key member of our team, and this is (some of) what you'll end up doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Improve the experience for our users, help them get the results they need.
- Detect opportunities to enhance and improve our stack.
- Extend the coverage of our API layer.
- Improve our existing products and internal systems. We want to learn from you as you learn from us.
- Prioritize and decide what features we should tackle next.
- Rails 6 (although we started with Rails 1.2 in 2007)
- JS, Stimulus, CoffeeScript and Sass
- Bootstrap and jQuery
- Postgres and MySQL
- Sinatra, Resque, Middlemanapp, Chef, Vagrant, Nginx, Unicorn,...
We're looking for a solid Rubyist with «adequate» experience who is comfortable in a 100% distributed team and is self-driven.
This is a full-time position for the right candidate and it has an immediate start date. Work 100% remotely on flexible schedule with reasonable overlap with EU business hours.
Ideally you've held a remote position before, or you've held a similar position of responsibility in a traditional organisation but now are looking to improve your work-life balance.
You are a well-rounded individual, work is not everything in life, you may have a family and social life. You work hard when it's work time and are able to switch off when it isn't.
You're comfortable communicating with others verbally and in writing. Our team is spread across the world, and so are our users.
You are organised, like to be on top of your responsibilities and don't let things slip through the cracks. You will be sure to include the name of your favourite tv series as part of your application.
A knack for design / UX will be a plus. Background in Information Security wouldn't hurt either.
You believe in giving back to the community. We started with an open-source project and to this day we remain firm believers of open-source and giving back. Most of what you will be creating with the team will be released as open-source.
Benefits of working with us
- Work anywhere – We're 100% remote.
- Flexible work hours - Provided you have reasonable overlap with the team (roughly within US/Eastern business hours).
- Great salary – You will be making more than others in your region.
- Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you (no less than 4 weeks each year).
- No external pressures - Our users are king, we do what's best for them. We're self-funded, and don't have any investors, so we can make the right decisions for our customers without worrying about artificial deadlines or financial targets.
- Autonomy – You will be given a lot of freedom to do what you think is right, without needing to explain every decision.
- Meaningful work – You will take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. We won't micro-manage you. And your work will be measured by your results.
- You will have great hardware and tools to work with.