Staff Software Engineer, Applications
Published on December 18, 2022
Valimail is a fast growing, venture funded startup and the leader in Email Authentication as a Service. Here is your chance to get in on the ground floor at an important technology innovator and to help build a major business service category. We have built a revolutionary platform on top of open standards — DMARC, DKIM, and SPF — for the first time it makes it possible for any organization to protect itself against email impersonation. Valimail pioneered the notion of automated email authentication, with innovative components like our DNS-based Authenticator (including our patented Instant SPF). We’re committed to building a more trusted email ecosystem.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented classes will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Valimail, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need in the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with project team members into stable, working, high performance software
- Write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
- Build Ruby on Rails web applications
- Empower team members to own their work and work hand-in-hand with cross functional teams
- Show a deep proficiency in your craft and own the conversation to improve
- You provide and are able to receive constructive feedback
- Improve the development process by identifying inefficiencies in workflows and providing solutions
- Understand the full scope of a project prior to beginning to work on it
- Evangelize and drive the adoption of standard processes in code health, testability, maintainability, and scalability
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure
- Help define the strategy and roadmap to adopt developer tools across the Engineering organization
- Influence other software engineers through PR reviews and pair-programming
- 10+ years of experience in building production web application
- Experience mentoring developers
- Senior level experience in building Ruby on Rails applications and APIs
- Proficient understanding of how to write, analyze and optimize PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of when it is wise to incur technical debt and when to pay it down
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with Hotwire, React, Redis, RSpec, Sidekiq, PostgreSQL, AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes
Who We Are
Valimail is the global leader in zero-trust email security. The company's full line of cloud-native solutions authenticate sender identity to stop phishing, protect brands, and ensure compliance; they are used by organizations ranging from neighborhood shops to some of the world's largest organizations, including Uber, Splunk, Yelp, Mercedes Benz USA, and the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration. Valimail is the fastest-growing DMARC solution with the largest global market share and is the premier DMARC partner for Microsoft 365 environments.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive pay + participation in employee stock option plan
- Comprehensive health, dental, + vision coverage
- Eight weeks of paid maternity leave & Four weeks of paid paternity leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- Remote First Company, you can work anywhere within the US
- Unlimited and flexible PTO. We believe balanced, happy, relaxed people do better work