Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Published on December 14, 2022
About G2 - The Company
G2 is where you go for software. When you join us, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We have big goals, and are grounded in our PEAK values—high performance and entrepreneurship, while also being authentic and kind. Employees are led by conscious leaders who are connected by shared commitments and 7 core leadership principles. We celebrate each other's successes, forgive mistakes, and support one another during challenging times. Together, we will grow and reach the top, while staying true to our values, ethics, and people.
As we foster our high-performance and entrepreneurial culture, we strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
G2 is excited to offer a remote work environment for our employees, unless otherwise stated in the job description. If you are interested and eligible to partake in a hybrid office plan, please ask your recruiter for more information.
About The Role
At G2, we make solutions with Ruby on Rails and React with an emphasis on good code design and quality. We enjoy quarterly weeks of creativity where engineers get the opportunity to work on real issues that they see our customers encounter. If you wish to join an experienced passionate team whose kindness and authenticity will help you grow, then apply and start a conversation with us today!
In This Role, You Will:
- Report to Engineering Manager dedicated to the delivery team.
- Build a high-quality, stable, secure, and well tested web application.
- Apply database skills against a large and expanding dataset.
- Use patterns of code decomposition to break down tasks into deliverable solutions.
- Work in close coordination with designers, product managers, developers, and partners.
- Track metrics alongside core features to help make informed decisions.
- Work with developers to help understand complex topics and architecture, and provide strategies and learning opportunities.
- Ensure quality releases by writing tests covering unit, integration and functional requirements.
- Follow agile best practices to develop and test features.
- Mentor other engineers building a culture of learning
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 4+ years of programming experience, in a web environment.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Understand software architectures and how they are applied in context, best practices in more than one language..
- Opinionated about how applications should be built, based on your experience delivering software.
- Balance development with collaborative meetings..
- Prior pairing or mentoring experience.
What Can Help Your Application Stand Out:
Statistics show that many underrepresented groups including women will not apply if they don't meet all requirements in the job description. To increase clarity for all applicants, while the items listed under requirements are firm, the items listed below are truly only a bonus. We ask that you set aside your concerns and to apply regardless of how many of these you fulfill.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a completed Bootcamp.
- Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails or React.
- Experience building large scale web applications.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.