Senior Software Engineer (Ruby)
Published on December 13, 2022
About The Role
You’ll play a key role in helping guide our technology and product decisions for our team. We’re a small group that values clear communication, transparency, and collaboration. We drive progress by small iterations and reflecting on how we can best work together.
There are 3 software engineering teams at Beyond Finance today with 16 software engineers total. You’d be joining a team of 4.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to decisions for greenfield projects that will drive the business for the next 3-5 years
- Design and build our internal-facing API’s, asynchronous back end processing, and third-party integrations using Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and AWS
- Participate in technical conversations with other engineers and help steer decisions in the right direction
- Offer constructive and respectful feedback via code reviews
- Research and promote design patterns and practices that fit our technical challenges
- Write automated unit and integration tests as well as build tools to assist in testing various aspects of our platform
- Build in business and technical metrics alongside the features themselves to further us as a data-driven organization
- Work with our devops team to ensure our CI/CD pipeline built with CircleCI, Jenkins, and AWS tooling fits our growing needs.
- Receive a personalized development program and sponsorship from your manager
What We Look For
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining production-quality software using Ruby on Rails.
- Expertise in building and consuming APIs
- Strong knowledge of database design and writing SQL statements
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues in unfamiliar code
- Experience scoping projects into small iterations for release
- Clear and efficient communication skills
- Mentorship skills and the ability to give well-crafted constructive feedback
Want to learn more about our engineering department? Read Day in the Life of a Beyond Finance Software Engineer
We are looking for great people to join a fast-paced, growing, and innovative business. For eligible fulltime employees, we offer:
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental and vision programs
- Generous personal time-off
- 401(K) match
- Merit advancement opportunities
- Career development & training
More importantly, our team spirit and culture are what really sets us apart as a company. We’re a world-class company that loves what we do…and we have fun doing it!
*Above Lending is an equal opportunity Employer*
Above Lending does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job positions. No fee will be paid to their parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Above Lending employees or the Above Lending Finance and HR teams. No placement fee will be paid to any third party unless such a request has been made by the Above Lending HR team.