Remote - UK Remote - EU Remote - Europe Remote - Africa Remote - South America Remote - France Remote - Netherlands Remote - Germany Remote - Greece Remote - Portugal Remote - Spain Full Time Junior
We are looking for Back-End Engineers with different levels of experience to join our Product team.
This is a full-time fully-remote position.
You’ll be joining a team of 6 experienced Full-Stack Engineers. The team works closely with Designers and Product Managers to execute our roadmap. You’ll be in charge of maintaining and extending different web applications built on top of Ruby on Rails.
Here are a few examples of problems that you might be working on:
- Implementing a new filter on our Elasticsearch-powered search UI
- Designing a roadmap to upgrade a big Rails 5.0 app to Rails 6.0
- Creating an implementation plan for a big feature, breaking it down into smaller tasks, documenting and estimating them
- Investigating and fixing a performance problem on one of our Sidekiq workers
- Writing documentation for one new API endpoint on our REST API
Please don’t rule yourself out if you find any of the above problems intimidating, as we mentioned before, we’re looking for engineers with different levels of experience.
- You have at least some experience with our stack: Ruby On Rails, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Sidekiq…
- You’re meticulous, and you have a disciplined approach to writing well-tested, solid code
- You are empathetic and curious
- You are able to communicate your arguments clearly, and listen to others
- You care deeply about your work and about the success of your team
- You are self-motivated, able to work with little supervision
- You know how to get things done, keeping yourself organised and focused
- You’d like to work with an international team of talented and considerate people
- You have some knowledge or experience of Front-End technologies such as Vue.js, Stimulus, or others
- You’ve worked in a product development environment
- We use AWS and GCP extensively. Any prior experience or a desire to master these is a plus
Again, don’t rule yourself out if you think you don’t tick all the boxes. We’re looking for keen learners with a great attitude so we’re open to hiring people in the early stages of their careers.
BeBanjo is not a VC-funded startup. Don’t expect parties, video games, or a gym at the office. We were bootstrapped in 2008, and we’re proud to have built a growing and sustainable business. We value honest, long-term relationships with our staff and our customers.
We care about nurturing an environment where our best work can happen. We’re kind to each other, respect each other, and look after each other. We’re open and collaborative, we listen to everyone and aim for consensus when making decisions.
We don’t work with impossible deadlines. We do not micro-manage people. We treat all staff like grown-ups, and we trust each person to work when and from where they wish. We don’t value long working hours. We believe in using our time efficiently and enjoying a good work-life balance.
We firmly believe in equal opportunities and continuously foster a workplace that is safe and inclusive for everyone.
What we can offer
- Work from anywhere with flexible schedules so that you can be there for the people you love, avoid commuting every day, be a nomad, find the environment where you’re most productive, and plan your day exactly how you like it
- Salary ranges:
- €25k to €35k for people in the early stages of their careers
- €45k - €60k for more experienced developers
- An indefinite contract. We value long-term relationships with our staff
- Great flexibility to enjoy however you prefer your 23 days of annual holidays (in addition to the regular bank holidays)
- Support for your continuing education and professional growth: books, workshops, conferences…
- An inclusive, supportive, and stable environment where your best work can happen. We focus on results, not long hours, so that you can have a life and don’t burn out